It's an exciting time to be part of PepsiCo as we create a stronger, faster, and better version of our business. To accomplish this, we need to build and strengthen critical capabilities such as Commercial Revenue Management. Pricing is a powerful lever to grow top and bottom-line results and ultimately “Win with Purpose.” As we invest to become more competitive, the Revenue Management team is expanding and integrating into the commercial organization to support PepsiCo Beverages North America’s growth plans to win in the marketplace. Are you hungry to be a part of the World’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands? Then now is the time to explore the opportunities of PepsiCo: what makes you unique makes us better.
The Category Analyst will be responsible for providing sophisticated pricing and promotion analytics and insights that will inform our West Division Revenue Management strategy. In addition, you will play a key role in supporting the development of our promotional strategy. You will not only help optimize our existing offerings but also identify opportunities for innovation to deliver future growth.
This is an opportunity to perform advanced pricing analytics while developing broader commercial management skills. To succeed it will be critical that you partner effectively across functions including sales, commercial planning, finance, and marketing.
- Measure price elasticities and cross elasticities across our and competitors’ portfolios, channels and customers
- Identify optimal pricing relative to competitors across our portfolio, channels and customers
- Measure lift and ROI on promo performance across the portfolio, channels and customers, understanding the impact of both PBNA and our customers
- Measure lift for competitor promos and estimate their ROI
- Identify new promos and promo innovations and support development of pilots to measure their impact
- Perform advanced pricing/promo analytics as needed (e.g. impact of overlapping promos, incrementality of innovations)
- Support development of promo guidelines/guardrails based on promo analytics
- Support development of updates to Senior Management and our sales and go-to-market teams, on key insights including deck analysis, creation and presentation
- Provide ad-hoc analysis as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Economics, Statistics, Finance, Data Science, Business preferred)
- 2+ years of experience in Revenue Management/Pricing, Data Analytics, Insights, Strategy Consulting, and/or Finance
- CPG experience preferred
- Excellent analytical and modeling capabilities, including experience collecting, analyzing and gathering insights from the very large data set
- Good applied statistics skills including statistical testing, regression
- Strategic thinking and advanced problem-solving skills
- Ability to translate complex, data-intense analytics into actionable recommendations
- Experience working effectively in a cross-functional team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively convey findings to both peers and upper-level management
- Team player with the ability to excel in an agile, collaborative, and ambiguous environment
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint knowledge of Tableau and/or statistical software
- Experience with both syndicated (IRI) and in-house data platforms required
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new software applications
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement