An exciting opportunity exist for a Control systems specialist to join the team for the world’s largest potato chip facility here at Leicester. As a key member of this team you will be required to maintain and develop the site’s SCADA, PLC and advanced control systems. To drive initiatives in improving the plant control systems, including CAPEX / Site projects, provide technical leadership for the engineering, maintenance and technician groups and to build controls systems capability into our engineering Front-line teams
Our manufacturing site in Leicester is our most established site in the UK. It’s our flex-plant which means it has the capability to produce both snack products, like Wotsits and Frazzles, as well as some of the nation's favourite crisps like Sensations and Crinkles. It’s a key part of the Walkers portfolio producing at least four million bags per day!
- Maintain standards and security of site’s Manufacturing computer and server systems that supports factory control via our SCADA, PLC and advanced control systems, ensuring business standards, targets for availability and data integrity are met,
- To drive initiatives in improving the plant control systems and provide technical leadership for the plant maintenance engineers.
- Manage and implement support contracts and system upgrades to maintain the value and concurrency of the control systems.
- Own and Implement control system software changes through change management to deliver plant and business requirements.
- Manage delivery of control system projects, coordinating activity across multiple departments, suppliers, contractors and appointed System Integrators.
- Enable technology transfer into Operations from Engineering projects. Support Operations department, R&D and Regional Engineering with performance analysis data and reports.
- Identify and manage opportunities for improved control and production information, generating clear action plans and benefits.
- Support the front line teams on technical breakdowns providing problem solving and decision making skills
- Develop training needs analysis and deliver coaching in fault analysis, root cause failure analysis and rectification on all aspects of the manufacturing control systems for maintenance technician and engineering teams
- Own and manage reliable, secure control systems
- Fully authorised and time served, knowledgeable through qualifications and experience on electrical systems, equipment and machinery. Ideally experience gained within a food process/Packaging FMCG environment
- Knowledge of machine and control safety systems
- knowledge and experience of PLC control and network systems, to include programming, maintenance and fault finding (Ideally a bias towards Allen Bradley systems).
- knowledge and experience of SCADA applications to include administration, programming and maintenance (Ideally on Intouch Wonderware )
- Able to demonstrate basic knowledge of computer/server systems and security.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of industrial computer and communication network systems (Ethernet)
- Knowledge and experience of industrial database systems to include Historian and Microsoft SQL Server programming and administration
- Able to deliver structured control systems training and act as coach/mentor for our maintenance engineer teams
- Good presentation and influencing skills, able to work as a team member and communicate on all levels
A full training and development package will be provided to the successful candidate
Job Type: Regular
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including; colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.