This role will support key customers within the Gatorade West Region Grocery Sales Team and provide overall support for the period end results, preparation of forecasts, Annual Operating Plan (AOP), and Quarterly Business Plans (QBP), along with financial analysis, reporting and budgeting.
Sales Finance provides a critical experience in collaborating with the Sales organization as well as learning how to effectively drive topline growth while managing accurate trade accruals and product mix to deliver profit plan. As a Finance Associate Manager at PepsiCo, you will be a key Sales Finance contact responsible for providing the financial expertise and recommendations that enable effective decision-making within the business. This is your opportunity to take your financial and analytical skills to the next level with endless possibilities!
• Partner with Field Sales and Business Unit Sales Strategy to lead the annual plan process providing thought leadership on growth-driver based build, summarizing gaps to BU targets, and recommending creative solutions towards closing the gap
• Build strong relationships with the Sales leadership team and provide support for key business deliverables providing clear guidance to the sales team- all focused on delivering profitable growth
• Review trade accruals for accuracy and completeness working with the cross-functional team each period close. Ensure the accrual process is compliant with all SOX requirements. This will require leading the overall effort of updating TPM/SAP with accurate event data working with Sales and TPAs. In addition, review liability balances periodically as well as lead the formal quarterly HQ/BU review requirements
• Lead the periodic Forecast process providing clear guidance to the team, identify key business drivers, gain alignment with Sales leadership, and provide key insight to Business Units
• Review "pre" (IFRs) & "post" promotional event analysis and lead the interaction between the Sales team and the BUs
• Communicate periodic results to Sales management identifying potential risks and opportunities
• Perform ad hoc analyses that demonstrate problem-solving, provide insightful analysis of business results to Senior Management, and then successfully influence acceptance of your recommendations to the broader team
• Identify opportunities for process simplification and consistently focus the team on the most critical priorities
• Provide coaching to the sales team to enhance their financial skill sets and build partnering relationships that ensure both functions are working together to enhance team performance
- Bachelor’s Degree Required (Finance or Accounting preferred)
- MBA or CPA is a plus- not required
- 5+ years of practical exposure in some of the following areas: Financial Planning and Analysis, evaluating business performance, Financial Accounting and Control. Functional finance experience is a plus (e.g. Marketing, Sales, R&D, Operations, Procurement etc.)
Skills & Capabilities:
- Experience with forecasting and budgeting
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to translate analytical findings into actionable solutions and processes
- Ability to function effectively in a team environment and gain the cooperation of individuals across the organization strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of management as well as clearly communicate business results
- Strong influencing skills
- Results-oriented with the ability to initiate and lead projects to completion
- Innovative thinker with a focus on continuous process improvement
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint with the ability to quickly learn various in-house software applications (including SAP)
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement