- Responds to questions about business transactions from business units or departments.
- Prepares/Reviews tax returns/bills or other documents to ensure tax compliance. Provides guidance to tax staff on compliance issues.
- Develops business “Annual Operating Plan” for property taxes.
- Maintain and reconcile journal entries for the accurate recording of tax liabilities. Provides information and assistance to the financial reporting team and outside auditors.
- Assist with recurring and special projects as needed.
- Management of property tax audits.
- Prepare documentation to support compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX 404) controls and procedures.
- Perform tax research to keep current with new and changing tax laws.
- Assist in the development/implementation of new software releases, change requests and enhancements as they pertain to tax functionality.
- Work independently, as well as within a cross-functional project team environment.
- Support "tax customers" on special projects, new products and assessments.
- Support tax department technology needs as they relate to compliance, reporting, analytics and controls.
- Support tax technology process and requirements throughout the development life cycle (i.e. requirements documentation, test plans, validation, production support, etc).
- Research and determine state and local tax obligations and responsibilities.
- Performs pertinent valuation analysis, prepares appraisal reports as substantive evidential submission to taxing authorities.
- Prepare, conduct and negotiate property tax appeals.
- Perform independent asset classification on PepsiCo properties and be able to drive tax savings.
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with PTMS tax software and SAP/Oracle ERP systems
- Ability to apply tax law to business planning
- Knowledge of applicable departmental or business unit practices and requirements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- 5-7 years of experience in Property Tax
- Knowledge of valuation and appeals and application before assessing jurisdictions a must.
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement