PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, to LIFEWTR, to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Innovation is a critical way we impact the market, as well as communities around the globe. We believe there is value in products, people, and the planet. And we strive to make a difference by creating solutions that leave a lasting positive footprint.
Our culture is inspired by our employees. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams adopting new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, What Makes You Unique Makes Us Better!
The Demand Xcelerator (DX) team represents a transformation of Shopper Insights, Shopper Marketing, Category Leadership and Space resources supporting Sales and Marketing plans across the PepsiCo portfolio. This approach allows us to build best-in-class capabilities, develop deep functional expertise, and offer focused programs to drive growth with our customers.
As Senior Category Analyst supporting Walgreens, you will support a strategic customer with best in class insights to drive win-win category growth outcomes for both Walgreens and PepsiCo, while also delivering strategic insight in support of the PepsiCo Beverage Team. Specifically, this role will work to identify market trends, competitive threats, brand strategies and customer strategies to increase sales and market share across the entire PepsiCo beverage portfolio.
- Primary responsibilities include:
- Leading, enhancing, and growing the PepsiCo relationship with the Category Buyer by being a thought leader and “go-to” resource for all category, shopper and consumer trends, and merchandising solutions. Use shopper specific granular analytics from multiple data sources across markets, shoppers, and consumers to make business-building recommendations for category growth.
- Providing analytics and insights to support both PepsiCo internal strategic planning and external joint business planning with Walgreens
- Developing, maintaining and communicating performance via actionable reporting tracking tools to support both the customer and PepsiCo Beverage team
- Leveraging strong analytics and strategic thought leadership to drive best-in-class assortment and shelving recommendations that drive PepsiCo Beverage brands win-at-the-shelf efforts
- Leading in ways of working across the Category Management organization, and building strong cross-functional wiring with the marketing, sales, supply chain, and finance teams that lead/support PepsiCo Beverages
- Becoming expert using Walgreens loyalty data platform
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience; MBA a plus
- 3 + years of Category Management / Insights within the consumer packaged goods industry
- Demonstrated analytical, critical thinking and thought leadership skills
- Strong PC skillset (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access)
- Experience with standard data resources and solutions (Syndicated POS - IRI, Panel, Vision Chain/Shiloh/RSI)
- Strong communication and presentation skills, ability to interact confidently and effectively with team members, management and the customer
- Collaboration is essential in this role as the person will work very closely with account sales leads, cross-functional teams as well as the retailer directly
- Strong planning/organizing skills; the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Must be willing and able to travel to visit customer 20% of time
- Location: Chicago
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement