We are currently looking for a Process Engineer to join our team in Little Island on a permanent basis.
We are the concentrate team in PepsiCo (PGCS) working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of PepsiCo’s mega brands including Gatorade, 7Up and Pepsi. We are at the heart of PepsiCo products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands. We are a global organisation, situated in 17 locations across 11 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast-paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.
The Technical Function is our team of enabling experts offering knowledge and partnership to functions on specialist subjects including engineering, quality and productivity. They ensure operations and food safety excellence for our team. Could you bring a new dimension to our technical expertise? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level.
Position Purpose and Primary Accountabilities
- Responsibility for driving continuous improvement and process optimisation, instigating changes to improve work environment and systems, continuously seeking ways to improve efficiency
- Advocate and influence process and engineering improvements, passionately driving process excellence and continually striving for ‘breakthrough improvement’ in all projects.
- Maintain close collaboration with Manufacturing when identifying and implementing improvement opportunities, provide prompt resolution to on-going efficiency detractors
- Develop the role into a SME for a process to lead process improvements in a specific area and become the representative for the area
- Implement sustainability-related projects driving resource conservation at Cork plants across water energy and waste as required
- Participate and contribute to the local plant strategic and capital planning process:
- Project identification with subsequent scope and business case preparation
- Practical Experience in process engineering/ industrial engineering in a manufacturing environment is desirable
- Ownership of key H&S or Technical programs, taking the program from a concept to a strategy, execute and then control the program
- Support the maintenance departments in both Concentrate site and the FFP, in Six Sigma approach to problem solving
- Assist and lead teams investigating Quality related issues, such as customer complaints and process related issues
- Through the change control process ensure that changes carried out on in the plant do not compromise the safety, environmental or quality stance of the plant.
- Manage Change: Manage and coordinate activities in a change project. Includes engaging stakeholders in the change effort and ensuring they ready to adopt the coming changes, measuring and reporting change progress, assessing business readiness and supporting change adoption. Support workshops and other interventions to promote Change Management initiatives throughout the organization
- Participates within project teams, provide technical support and make informed decisions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with and influence employees at all levels of the organisation. Proven ability to learn quickly on the job and ability to transfer learnings to other team members through coaching and mentoring
- Experience of managing change programmes and initiatives.
- Demonstrate project leadership, interpersonal skills and effective communication.
- Ability to analyse & process high volumes of information, manage multiple priorities in a timely manner, with precise attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Play a key role in the review, approval and execution process of validation protocols.
- Observe HSE regulations, encourages safe working practices and assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support Health, Safety and Environmental management
Qualifications / Requirements :
- 3rd level qualification with an Engineering focus/accreditation in any of the following areas: Chemical/Process, Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Production etc. and/or equivalent substantial experience working in this capacity.
- Several years engineering/ technical experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and practical experience in using world class manufacturing, lean manufacturing, continuous improvement and variation reduction techniques e.g. Six Sigma, DMAIC and FMEA tools.
- Demonstrable experience or understanding of capital projects
- Good understanding and experience of current manufacturing technologies and methodologies used in manufacturing:
◦Machine reliability tools
◦Basic engineering computer skills required (MS Office/ Excel/ Powerpoint/ Autocad/ MS Project)
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $64 billion in net revenue in 2018, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com
“For the purposes of external advertising we have called this role a “Process Engineer”. However please note that the internal job title the successful candidate will have will be “Manufacturing Senior Engineer”Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular