We are currently looking for a Senior Process Engineer to join our operations team in Carrigaline on a permanent basis.
We are the concentrate team in PepsiCo (PGCS) working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of PepsiCo’s mega brands including Gatorade, 7Up and Pepsi. We are at the heart of PepsiCo products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands. We are a global organisation, situated in 17 locations across 11 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast-paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.
The Carrigaline operations team is integral to supplying concentrate to bottlers in the US and across the globe for many of our beverage mega brands. The Senior Process Engineer will work closely with the Operations/Engineering/Maintenance/Quality/EHS teams to ensure our products are produced safely , to the required Quality standards while also ensuring that we achieve our productivity and output targets. Could you bring a new dimension to our technical expertise? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level.
Position Purpose and Primary Accountabilities
- Provide process engineering input & leadership across all areas of the Carrigaline operations
- Identify and implement operational improvement initiatives e.g. to improve Yield, OEE, DPMO reduction etc
- Assist in CAPEX generation & AOP analysis/support
- Assist in execution of Capital Projects
- Leverage best practices from PepsiCo divisions as well as from other industries to deliver world class performance in plant and equipment design, project implementation etc
- Implement sustainable engineering practices and programs ensuring sustainability in plant design and operation.
- Act as a key interface between Operations, Engineering & Maintenance teams and to ensure seamless handover of projects to plant operations.
- Provide subject matter expertise in equipment selection, process design, commissioning and validation.
- Provide technical support for miscellaneous processing/quality issues to Operations & Quality team
- Involvement in developing & Implementing ‘Fix it Forever’ & miscellaneous quality projects/Initiatives.
- Identify and deliver strategy for the site in conjunction with Operations/Engineering Manager.
- Participate in and /or lead LSS/productivity initiatives.
- Facilitate the introduction of lean manufacturing principles to the operation
- Act as a key interface with the Global R&D, Engineering, Quality & EHS teams
- Communicate best practices to other parts of PGCS as appropriate.
- Assist in improving process capability across all processes in Carrigaline
- Generate training documentation as required and deliver on site training.
- Develop and update SOPs as required
- Management, reporting and taking corrective action on agreed KPIs as required.
- Assist in providing a safe place of work, investigate incidents and accidents and apply appropriate corrective actions.
- Participate and lead Change management initiatives
- Several years process industry experience in engineering with additional operations or maintenance exposure and extensive capital project management experience
- Degree qualification in Chemical, Process, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (or equivalent engineering experience)
Additional Desired qualifications and/or experience
- Proven work experience in process engineering
- Excellent technical skills
- Knowledge of process related standards
- Experience in process simulations
- Working knowledge of process engineering software packages
- CAD or AutoCad skills
- Familiarity with health and safety regulations
- Analytical thinker with interpersonal skills
- Process plant technical standards
- Project concept development
- Business case and capital approval
- Design, Procurement and Installation
- Construction, Commissioning and Validation
- Environmental, health and safety management
- Contractor and Construction Management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $64 billion in net revenue in 2018, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com
“For the purposes of external advertising we have called this role a Senior Process Engineer). However please note that the internal job title the successful candidate will have will be (Manufacturing Senior Engineer).”Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular