The Associate Manager of Consumer Insights & Strategy will partner closely with the Naked Juice marketing team and lead the Insights agenda for the Naked Juice brand. Overall, this role will manage a healthy research budget working with cross functional teams, multiple agencies and external partners to deliver data-driven insights that help drive our consumer insights agenda. The Associate Manager will be responsible for leveraging insights as a basis for strategic decision-making and incorporating consumer-centric insights across all marketing initiatives.
The Associate Manager will support the Naked Juice business team and be responsible for representing Naked Juice consumers in all strategic and tactical development efforts. They will design and lead the insights agenda against business objectives, timelines and budgets for the Naked Juice brand related to, but not limited to, consumer communications, brand commercialization efforts, short- and long-term innovation, consumer tracking, and trends monitoring. The successful candidate will also synthesize consumer feedback, target understanding, brand sentiment, brand performance and more - to provide a holistic understanding of drivers of in-market performance.
The Associate Manager must be experienced in engaging in best practices for unlocking consumer and marketplace insight and leveraging trends to identify and develop new product opportunities. Further, the Associate Manager should have proven experience with insight and research methodologies that can cover a broad range of base business and innovation questions and challenges. He/She should have a natural curiosity and passion about people, display deep human empathy, and feel highly confident in their ability to deliver strong strategic thinking as they seek to find innovative ways to answer business questions.
- Business Thought Leadership: Astute at identifying business and consumer issues to solve and connecting research objective & methodology to most effectively address issues and drive to recommendations. Proactively identify potential opportunities and solutions to drive stronger connections to the core exerciser target that will help drive brand growth.
- Long Term Innovation and Product Commercialization: Responsible for leveraging consumer insights to develop new short-term and long-term pipeline ideas and support commercialization efforts to guide decision-making related to concept/product/packaging development.
- Strong Project Leadership: Develop and lead holistic, comprehensive research learning plans. Oversee key vendor/agency partners to lead research to address business issues and prioritize insights spending across key issues to line-up against business priorities.
- Strong Collaboration: Will require strong working relationships with cross-functional business teams, including but not limited to the Marketing, R&D, Finance, Brand Design, and broader Insights teams, as well as agency/vendor partners to ensure the consumer “voice” is included in the development process and on-going assessment.
- Influencing Management: Must be persistent and persuasive in driving recommendations to action and champion the Voice of the Consumer. Comfortable interacting with all levels of management including senior leadership.
- Use of Syndicated Data: Through partnering with the IRI support team, leverage syndicated data sources (i.e., IRI scanner and panel data, etc.) to help monitor and diagnose the brand/category and address business issues and information needs
Main Interactions within & outside the organization
- Naked Juice Marketing Team - daily
- Naked Juice R&D Project Leads/X-functional leads – weekly as needed on specific projects
- Marketing Leadership team – monthly
- Research agencies –as needed on specific projects
- Creative agencies - as needed on specific projects
Key Skills/Experience Required
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree. Advanced Degree preferred
- 3-5 years in strategic insights/consumer research role; preferred client-side CPG experience
- Experience in beverage industry a plus, not required
- Core competencies:
- Strong Self-starter: Ability to excel in an agile, collaborative, sometimes highly ambiguous environment while working with a significant amount of independence. Proactive, self-starter who is results-oriented and demonstrates a bias for action.
- Collaborative: Must a team player and able to work effectively with others to deliver results. Cross-functional internal partnerships and agency/vendor relationship building is a must.
- Strong Project Manager: Must be able to work effectively with others to deliver results with attention to detail and precision
- Innovative: Able to think creatively and holistically about issues/problems. Should be a candidate who has examples of innovative research “solves” and approaches in prior work.
- Strong and Influential Leader and Communicator: A clear leader and communicator able to synthesize learnings across multiple sources and deliver findings in an engaging, fresh and impactful manner, cutting through complexity to convey key messages in compelling way. Must be able to leverage insights (qualitative and quantitative insights) to influence across organization at multiple levels and be comfortable interacting with senior leaders
- Drive to the “so-whats”: Proven strategic thinker with ability to connect the dots across multiple data sources to tell a connected, compelling business and consumer story to drive the business forward
- Flexible: Ability to work successfully on multiple efforts in a fast-paced and, at times, ambiguous
- Team-Oriented: Ability to contribute to strong team environment with positive input and desire to improve the Consumer Insights team and function.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methodologies including focus groups, concept testing, advertising qualification, product testing, etc. and possess the ability to apply Insights to address business challenges
- Proficient with IRI/Nielsen scanner and panel data
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement