Location: Reading, UK
Salary: c. £40,000 (depending on experience)
Contract: 12 months
We're looking for an Operational Marketing Assistant with culinary experience to join on a 12 month contract and support our Away From Home (AFH) team with product concept and prototyping.
In this role you will also facilitate the distribution and roll out of culinary innovations across AFH sub-channels and collaborating with customers on their operational needs and complexities. You will facilitate the ideation for ‘product as an ingredient’ concept with key customers and support R&D teams on transformational ideas through food service customer operations expertise.
- Work cross-functionally with internal marketing and sales teams to provide culinary perspective for customer sell-in presentations and selling materials, national launches, and marketing activations
- Collaborate with internal and external Marketing and Culinary foodservice customer teams across all channels of foodservice (ie: Restaurants- QSR, quick serve, fast casual, Pubs & Bars; Recreation- stadia, amusement parks, cinemas, etc.)
- Present to and engage with internal and customer stakeholders at all levels including senior / LT (CMO’s / MD’s etc)
- Apply deep understanding of operations management with Foodservice specific customers to unlock commercial opportunities and facilitate launches (i.e. FOH/BOH operations, equipment, ingredients, cook processes)
- Team lead on ‘product as an ingredient’ culinary innovation processes and best practice, including recipe development, Foodservice customer presentations and trade shows, and internal/external samplings.
- Answer customer specific briefs through strategy development, ideation, concept design and creation.
- Support R&D to provide operational expertise and support transformational innovation.
- Work collaboratively with Global teams to unlock multi market opportunities, share learnings and ideate.
- Produce benchtop samples for ‘product as an ingredient’ concepts, including prototypes for consumer tests.
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills, with the ability to apply culinary knowledge to develop menu items that include a wide portfolio of PepsiCo snack products.
- Culinary / Chef experience in recipe and menu development and production.
- Creative and innovative approach to recipe development.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of AFH food service customers (in particular QSR) and their operations including FOH/BOH operations, equipment, ingredients, cook processes.
- Strong presentation and customer engagement skills.
- Commercial understanding to support recipe / product concept customer sell in and menu alignment at scale.
- Understanding of consumer insights and consumer trends to influence product development.
- Ability to communicate well and build relationships across all levels of a matrix organization.
- Strong Microsoft office skills.
Job Type: Regular
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including; colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.