Join an industry leader and a winning team and be a part of a company that sells over $13 billion of Fun Foods made at our manufacturing facilities! You will be rewarded with generous opportunities for career growth, a competitive compensation package, and comprehensive benefits. The location of this position is in Michigan.
In the Fleet Resource role, we are seeking a strong leader to develop, implement and monitor the fleet processes and strategies that support Sales and Operations and maximize Fleet performance. This role will work very closely with the Region Fleet Sr. Manager and is responsible for the day to day fleet activity of approx. 1000 assets, 14 Technicians, shop maintenance, Technician engagement, and all related facets of Fleet Operations (i.e. asset planning, fuel conservation, vendor management, safety, productivity, environmental management, financial performance, and Sarbanes Oxley controls). Key accountabilities include managing preventative maintenance programs, training initiatives, national compliance and regional/national initiatives that impact the performance of the business in areas of cost, quality and reliability. In addition, the Fleet Resource will recruit and develop fleet technicians throughout the Region, and influence Sales Associates that drive these vehicles.
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Lead the Fleet Tech Team to deliver the cost, quality, service, and reliability results set out in the annual Fleet Capability plan.
- Partner with the Fleet Service Center team that supports the Regions’ outside vendor maintenance service and parts ordering.
- Utilize, implement, and execute National tactics to drive World Class Service & Performance.
- Build a specific strategic plan to drive Fleet performance.
- Coordinate and schedule maintenance and repairs to ensure the reliability of the fleet.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive asset utilization plan.
- Align with Region Fleet Manager on an annual fleet financial plan.
- Execute a fuel conservation plan to reduce fuel usage and improve overall MPG.
- Manage all regulatory compliance (DOT, EPA, SMART, FDA)
- Develop Technical and Non-technical capability of the Region Fleet Team.
- Build and sustain strong business relationships with Sales Teams to provide a fleet of safe, reliable, efficient vehicles.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of previous experience in fleet maintenance
- Fleet Management experience
- Fleet Certifications
- Intermediate computer systems knowledge
- Knowledge & experience with DOT guidelines
- Fleet or similar CMMS experience
- Ability to manage Technician & Fleet Staff performance
- Effective interaction skills with Customers, Sales & Ops
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated Change Management experience
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- Leadership skills including coaching, facilitation, presentation and team building
- Flexible - a willingness to work off shifts, holidays, and weekends as necessary based on business need
- 60%-75% Travel required
- Frequent standing and walking
- Sitting occasionally to frequent
- Lifting up to 20 pounds occasionally
- Must be able to see (depth perception, near acuity and far acuity) and hear
- Must be able to maneuver safely around moving equipment and/or in congested manufacturing areas
- Must be able to tolerate extreme temperatures (hot and/or cold depending upon season)
- Must pass a drug screen and background investigation
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including safety glasses, earplugs/muffs, steel-toed shoes, rubber gloves/boots, etc.
- Exposed to various cleaning chemicals, lubricants, etc.
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement