We are currently looking for a Regulatory Affairs Specialist to join our team in Little Island, Cork on a 23 month contract.
We are the concentrate in PepsiCo (PGCS) working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of PepsiCo’s mega brands including Gatorade, 7Up and Pepsi. We are at the heart of PepsiCo products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands. We are a global organisation, situated in 17 locations across 11 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.
At PepsiCo, innovation takes centre stage. In a fast-moving consumer environment, our research and development capability is crucial to provide a fresh twist to our favourite brands as well as creating new healthy choices that we need to succeed in the market. Focusing our research and development on meeting the latest consumer needs - whether nutrition, refreshment or indulgence –will drive our growth both now and in the future. Do you share our passion for innovation? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level.
POSITION PURPOSE AND PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES
The Regulatory Affairs Specialist will join an established team supporting the concentrate business globally ensuring regulatory compliance for raw materials purchased and concentrate components manufactured. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of food law in one or more jurisdictions and especially advantageous would be experience with food contact materials and/or labelling.
- Work as part of cross-functional project teams providing regulatory guidance
- Evaluation of food contact materials compliance for packaging materials and work as part of the Food Contact Materials global network
- Provide a contact point with Food Safety for matters relating to concentrate raw materials and manufacturing
- Support the roll-out of processes and documentation which support regulatory compliance activities
- Ensure the compliance requirements for food and beverage raw materials are understood and met
- Support the new product registrations team fielding regulatory queries
- Build and maintaining close working relationships with Corporate and Region Regulatory Affairs (RA), Quality, Food Safety, R&D, Procurement, and Supply Chain
- Liaison with Global Compliance, the Global Concentrate RA team and Technical Brand Stewardship
- Develop strong regulatory network and partnerships with Corporate and Regional colleagues
- Evaluation of raw material suitability for use in concentrates for specific markets
- Use of formula management systems and raw material dossiers to extract regulatory data
- Keeping updated on legislative changes and scientific developments on food and beverage raw materials
- Supporting the RA team and Senior Manager in risk assessment for import, manufacture and export of food and beverage concentrates
ESSENTIAL Criteria i.e. qualifications and/or experience (this will be assessed during short-listing)
- Bachelors or master’s degree Food Law, Nutrition, Food Science or a related technical discipline
- Experience in a food regulatory role (experience in raw material and food contact material evaluation a distinct advantage)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team and communicate regulatory priorities
- Understanding of food legislation in one or more jurisdictions
- Demonstrated ability to assess the impact of legislative requirements on business activities
- Excellent IT skills with high level proficiency in databases, Office programs and communication tools
- Excellent organisational, communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups across a variety of communication media
- Professionalism, integrity and with an unwavering positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Experience of dealing with complex supply chain and procurement activities
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills, good influencing skills.
- Proven track record in a team environment operating to tight deadlines
- Results orientated and self-motivated with an ability to work on own initiate
- Ability to work efficiently and to a high level of accuracy in a time-pressured environment
- Desire to grow and develop within the role
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visit www.pepsico.comRelocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Temporary