- Provide advisory, consultant support and monitor the progress of local growers related to processing potato crop development.
- Work with peers to provide to MSO Manager accurate info on supply, budget, prices
- Work with peers on day to day issues related to potato supply
- Background or recent educational qualification in Agriculture / agronomy or some potato or in-field agronomy or farm experience preferred. Specific interest in agriculture is essential
- Effective interpersonal skills – credible, positive energy and commitment that encourages farmers to implement new ideas and perform tasks as requested by PEP GP Agro team. Typical interactions will be at individual small farmer level or agronomist of a larger agricultural operation – some with significant farming experience.
- Maturity and savvy communication style to influence senior farmers to accommodate new thinking / technology
- Self starter with confidence to operate on own initiative and comfortable with driving / working individually or in groups on farms.
- Good level of business acumen
- Understanding of general business economics as they relate to agriculture including key cost & quality drivers and how to present Agronomy proposals / projects around good business sense
- Commercial savvy with ability to listen to broader topics and provide inputs into commercial managers that supports contract / price negotiations with growers
- Analytical skills – make sense of data captured during field / potato storage visits and ability to spot trends and present value add ideas to UK agronomy team, line manager and farmers
- Results and action orientated – comfortable setting and delivering against stretch targets
- Good working knowledge of PC applications – excel, powerpoint (data, tables, graphs) and comfortable with being trained in detailed PEP PC storage and crop management applications
- Profesional and productive reporting and communication capability
- Knowledge of precision agronomy topics and skilled on new agro technologies arising on this area preferred
- Awareness/ experience on basic argo sustainability themes
Job Type: Regular