We are PepsiCo!
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, to LIFEWTR, to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Innovation is a critical way we impact the market, as well as communities around the globe. We believe there is value in products, people, and the planet. And we strive to make a difference by creating solutions that leave a lasting positive footprint.
Our culture is inspired by our employees. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams adopting new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, What Makes You Unique, Makes Us Better!
The Demand Accelerator (DX) team represents a transformation of Shopper Insights, Shopper Marketing, Category Leadership and Space resources supporting Sales and Marketing plans across the PepsiCo portfolio. This approach allows us to build best-in-class capabilities, develop deep functional expertise, and offer focused programs to drive growth with our customers.
In this role, you will drive strategic insights for key West Division customers for the Quaker portfolio. Specifically, this role will work to identify marketplace trends and category solutions that unify brand and customer strategies cohesively to drive growth and win with the shopper.
- Primary responsibility is to be the compelling insights partner across the key category, shopper, and consumer trends, as well as assortment/merchandising solutions, to drive mutual growth with key West customers for Quaker
- Secondary responsibilities include leveraging multiple data and insights sources to gain a deep understanding of category dynamics/shopper behavior and how manifests in opportunities across products, geographies, cohorts, and occasions. This analysis will be used to drive the customer learning agenda and joint business planning for key West customers on the Quaker business
Breakfast and Snacks landscape. You will drive the discovery and utilization of shopper and category insights in Customer Team strategies, category strategies/planning, and strategic initiatives that drive brand and category performance. Key responsibilities include:
- Leverage shopper and consumer insights in the development of category strategies and retailer relevant sell stories
- Leverage granular analytics to drive effectiveness for assortment/merchandising optimization, new product introductions, seasonal programs, and pricing/promotional planning/evaluation
- Provide expert analysis and insight to Customer Team members so they can effectively make optimal decisions in the marketplace and share that learning across the broader organization
- Keeps abreast of developments and best practices in Category Management. It is expected that you will pursue the knowledge needed to improve departmental capabilities and improve professional agility
- Lead insights development for the joint planning process for key West customers as the proactive category partner
- Act as a strong, clear, objective, and inspiring voice of the Customer Team
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA a plus
- 5 + years of Category Management / Insights within the Consumer Packaged Goods industry
- Demonstrated analytical, critical thinking and thought leadership skills
- Strong PC skillset (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word); Tableau a plus
- Experience with standard data resources and solutions (Syndicated POS, Panel, Customer Loyalty Data)
- Strong communication and presentation skills, ability to interact confidently and effectively with the customer and key stakeholders
- Collaboration is essential in this role as the person will work very closely with account sales leads, cross-functional teams, as well as the customer directly
- Strong planning/organizing skills; the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Must be willing and able to travel 20% of the time
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Location: Pleasanton, CA
- This position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement