Here at PepsiCo, we have 12 month undergraduate industrial placement opportunities in our Central Technical team based in Leicester.
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $64 billion in net revenue in 2018, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Walkers, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
Technical project delivery is critical to PepsiCo. That means our Central Technical Services Team (CTS) are at the heart of the action in our manufacturing sites and are kept busy delivering small to large scale projects across the UK. In a fast-moving manufacturing environment our CTS Execute Team is crucial to delivering technical solutions through projects which provide our sites with the ability to grow capacity whilst providing innovative solutions to reduce costs to ensure we are competitive in the Snack Food market.
Do you share our passion for technical change? If so, we could take your talents to a whole new level.
What you’ll get up to:
- Lead and own allocated Capital Projects from inception through to handover ensuring key phasing of Projects are identified and worked to, with compliance to PepsiCo project management business process systems and technical/engineering standards
- Engineering Drawings / Specifications
- Financial Control / Management
- Project time-planing
- Act as Interface (“on project” point of contact) for PepsiCo plants with teams (such as design, engineering product development) in Central Technical Services to enable the execution of the Capital Projects agenda.
- Lead Project Teams as appropriate for the size of each project ensuring adequate/appropriate resource allocation
- Deliver the execution process to ensure standardised agile and rapid deployment of technical productivity & best practices
- Cross UK projects
What we’re looking for:
- Following path to a degree level qualification in an Engineering practice Manufacturing/Chemical Engineering
- High degree of initiative and drive to deliver results of trials and activities with the ability to be pro-active and multi-task.
- Passion for engineering delivery
- Keen to gain experience of working in the Food Industry.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate to a diverse audience.
- Able to influence people and take people with you.
- High degree of self-motivation combined with good organisational skills.
- Confident to challenge where appropriate but willing to accept final decision is held by line manager.
- Supportive team player with an accurate, methodical, tidy and reliable approach.
- Good communication, verbal and written.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office)
What else do you need to know?
This 12 month placement starts in July 2020, with a salary of £17,500
We have a range of flexible benefits to offer you, from a competitive pension scheme, to mobile phone discounts - there’s something for everyone!
#LI-UKRelocation Eligible: Not Applicable
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including; colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.