· Lead Food Safety and Compliance audit, including FSSC 22000, AIB, QAS, FDA.
· Lead the salaried Quality professionals to ensure the effective application of quality management techniques.
· Identify and lead efforts of product/process quality and cost management improvement opportunities and subsequent productivity gains.
· Lead and develop action plans with Production, Engineering, and Division Quality to ensure and improve the product specifications, analytical procedures, and sampling programs are appropriate and meet system capability and key consumer requirements.
· Provide visionary insight for future business improvements.
· Serve as a key statistical resource. Verify product and process improvement through the implementation and analysis of statistically designed experiments and capability studies.
· Design and implement programs to monitor calibration and accuracy of all analytical procedures and equipment in the plant.
· Provide leadership to the QC team to create a safe work environment.
· Ensure compliance to the OSHA Chemical Hygiene Plan and Proper Laboratory Safety Practices by involving all employees in an effective safety program; provide training, periodic review of hazards, and timely correction of hazardous situations.
· Manage the interpretation of in-process and analytical data to make quality evaluations, recommend actions for improvement and assure resolution. Challenge results and lead improvement. Coach others in the interpretation of results.
· Lead and coach risk assessment analysis throughout the plant. Manage issues with a non-conforming product to assure proper control, minimize losses, and provide analysis to drive the elimination of future occurrences.
· Provide training in the area of food science, regulatory requirements, and quality measurement systems to appropriate personnel. Train the trainer, develop training programs and assess the effectiveness of training programs.
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Food Science or related field or demonstrated equivalent.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in the Food/Beverage Industry.
· Knowledgeable of the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and developing food safety plans.
· Previous Quality Supervisor/Manager experience.
· Clear understanding and working knowledge of Process and Compliance Quality Systems.
· Understanding of TPM/Operational Excellence Methodology.
· Strong organizational, interpersonal and presentation skills.
· Beneficial to have knowledge of regulatory requirements and AIB standards.
· Ability to motivate, lead and work with teams.
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement