Has FRONT-LINE responsibility for the operation and maintenance of ammonia refrigeration systems, to ensure product quality. Interfaces with warehouse operations and plant maintenance schedule to ensure that product temperature are maintained to Tropicana Quality Standards. Coordinates Maintenance Activities as required during off-shifts and weekends.
The Utility Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring safe operating conditions for the facilities Ammonia Refrigeration system in Accordance with N.J.A.C. 2:90
- Developing and implementing new Standard Operating Procedures and improving existing procedures to continually advance the safety and reliability of the utility operating systems (Electrical, Compressed Air, HP Steam, Ammonia Refrigeration, HVAC and Cooling towers)
- Providing training, support and informational updates to internal departments regarding facility Utility systems participating on the Facility PSM Ammonia Safety Team, Resource Conservation Team, Employee safety committee and the Emergency Response Team
- Inspects equipment, records operational data identifies and corrects all deviations to the refrigeration system and all auxiliary utility subsystems
- Completes routine safety inspections for fire and evacuation systems
- Completes all PSM related preventive maintenance requests, records deficiencies, and Schedules
- Complete Daily Nh3 system inventories
- Perform System safety interlock tests on all ammonia system equipment, identify and correct deficiencies, and complete detailed service records
- Operates maintains and inspects high-pressure boilers systems
- Operates and maintains Compressed air systems
- Assumes other responsibilities and performs special functions as may be assigned by the Utility Manager
- Inspects, tests, and documents Fire System components
Two years of college-level course work in Business, Management, Engineering or a related field. Equivalent combinations of education and experience that provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be evaluated on an individual basis
NJ Toxic Refrigeration License Class 2-C NJ Boiler License 1-C ( will consider an applicant with a High-Pressure Black Seal )
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement