- Leader of the R&D area of PepsiCo Venezuela
- Leader of Key R&D Projects FOR THE Venezuela business.
- Lead short, medium and long terms innovation projects for the Food category in Venezuela
- Guarantee flawless and consistent execution of the activities related to Research and Development of the annual innovation plan.
- Guarantee product design according to consumer research and business strategy (formula, process)
- Lift and shift regional projects taking in consideration local requirements
- Work effectively with multi-functional team co leading local stage gate meetings, providing technical and product inputs to the team, aiming the best solutions and defining the best patch towards the strategic directions
- Define, the productivity projects for the food category
- Contribute in the development of Portfolio Transformation strategy and guarantee it's implementation working together with local and regional regulatory and nutritional team
- Plan, define and control R&D innovation budget.
- Work together with engineering team in the definition of new equipment for new lines or technologies ensuring and validating the specification and product design
- Work with copacker and licensee in the development and launching of new products, guarantee the appropriate design and reviewing technical information
- Deliver technical information (specifications, manual, procedures) for production success
- Build technical network across PepsiCo and externally with universities, institutes and suppliers to expand science
- Responsible for individual report professional development
- Lead new products / process kick off. Commissioning’s for new equipment from R&D side.
- First point of contact for R&D ( Marketing, OPS) across the cluster and countries
Key Skills/Experience Required – specific education/certification, specific functional experience, language etc NEEDED for the job.
Bachelor in Engineering, Chemical, Food Science or related discipline or equivalent;
R&D experience (min 6 years) in food processing industry
Fluent writing and spoken English
Knowledge of Quality management systems and local and international laws (Codex, FDA, European Union)
Project management skills
Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and negotiate effectively across all levels and functions
Strong technical and analytical skills to interpret complex data and distil into meaningful information
Good understanding of the category business and application of technical and commercial knowledge during project execution
Cultural sensitivity / flexibility in responding to different cultures
Result oriented and able to balance competing priorities without losing momentum and manage uncertainties
Leadership, proactive, stress management and strategic thinking.
Note: This position could be based in Aragua or Caracas.
Job Type: Indefinido