We are currently on the lookout for a Maintenance fitter – up to 12 month contract to join our Maintenance Team in Little Island.
We are the concentrate team in PepsiCo (PGCS) working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of PepsiCo’s mega brands including Gatorade, 7Up and Pepsi. We are at the heart of PepsiCo products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands. We are a global organisation, situated in 13 locations across 9 countries offering careers in various functions from Operations, Supply Chain, Procurement, Finance, R&D, HR and IT. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.
The role is based in our Little Island plant which is a critical component in our Concentrate manufacturing network.
Operations is at the center of everything we do, this is where our food and beverages come to life and is the start of the journey to getting our product in the hands of our consumers. That’s why we need dedicated individuals who share our commitment to the fundamentals of our business in safety, quality, service and efficiency. Would you like to be involved in the manufacture of some of PepsiCo’s billion dollar brands? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level.
Position Purpose and Primary Accountabilities
The key accountabilities for this position include but are not limited to the following;
PepsiCo is on the look-out for a Maintenance Fitter to join our Manufacturing team in Little Island.
The key accountabilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Technical support for operations and maintenance teams.
- Carry out all work keeping safety, quality and output to the fore.
- Organise and close out assigned work from the CMMS (SAP) system
- Timely and effective trouble shooting of day to day equipment and system issues.
- Participate in cost, quality and service initiatives to drive performance improvement.
- A requirement of the role is that you must adhere to all Pepsi Health & Safety Requirements.
Essential Criteria i.e. qualifications and/or experience (this will be assessed during short-listing)
- A qualification in mechanical engineering ideally coupled with timed served, experience working in an automated manufacturing environment
- Ability to prioritise and deal effectively with internal customer requirements: operations in particular
- Demonstrated track record in diagnosing and correcting technical problems using own initiative.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- A team player with willingness to provide guidance or support to other team members as appropriate.
- Good IT skills - experience of CMMS highly desirable
- Experience in a regulated manufacturing environment highly desirable
- Shift work shall be a requirement as and when the business requires.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com
#LI-IRELANDRelocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Temporary