- Perform all activities in a safe manner and within the context of all PepsiCo safety protocols.
- Support scientists in testing new ingredients and developing beverage models.
- Accurately prepare beverage and beverage concentrate samples for experimentation by:
- Developing a detailed testing plan with a timeline
- Scheduling production runs in the technical center
- Acquiring necessary ingredients and packaging
- Coordinate the production and storage of samples
- Submit samples for analytical or sensory testing
- Thoroughly document experimental details in a laboratory notebook
- Maintain and document laboratory inventory.
- Responsible for the maintenance and calibration of laboratory and pilot laboratory equipment.
- Ability to manage and learn a wide variety of products characteristics from cold filled to numerous thermal processed (low acid retort, aseptic and ESL )beverages.
- Ability to manage multiple project tasks to support the individuals of the workgroup, manage time and expectations for group needs. Effectively communicate conflict of requests.
- Be able to manage, prioritize, and maintain a strong working relationship across different partners within NACP.
- Must demonstrate a relentless commitment to working safely and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Ability to flawlessly execute bench work.
- Must be proactive, reliable and self-motivated.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to proactively and positively interface with various technical functions.
- Must be well organized, capture work details and learning and highlight any unexpected learning.
- Must possess the ability to work successfully in cross-functional teams.
- Computer Skills: MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Outlook (email/calendar).
- Bachelor degree in the scientific field
- Technician and/or Summer Intern experience(s) at a consumer goods company.
- Laboratory bench work experience in school or industry. (Work in food and beverage industry a plus).
- Familiarity with common lab analytical instruments and beverage processing equipment.
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement