POSITION: Summer Route Sales Representative 4-month term (May – August)
LOCATION: St. Catharine's
Are you hungry for an exciting and challenging opportunity in a fast-paced, diverse organization? If so, you have a future at PepsiCo. As a world class organization, we strive for excellence in everything that we do, from a new product launch to delivering a product to a store. To accomplish our goals, we need talented, innovative people who know how to work hard and have fun! We need people who want to make a difference. Taste the success with Canada’s fastest growing consumer packaged goods company and discover how our passion for growth creates big challenges - and big opportunities - personally, professionally, and financially.
You will develop and sustain a growing snack foods business and leverage your skills by selling, delivering and marketing our products to your assigned group of retail customers. Your responsibilities will include:
Selling and Developing the Business
- Identifying changing customer needs through a constant review of the highest selling products and frequent communication with store managers.
- Developing all assigned accounts relative to sales volume, market share, product distribution, space allocation and customer service objectives.
- Selling and executing national and local promotions, soliciting placement of incremental marketing equipment, displays, racks and selling sufficient product inventory for customer volume demands.
Building Critical Business Skills
- Managing inventory according to PepsiCo Foods Canada best practices to ensure balanced accounts and fresh products for customers and consumers.
- Executing hands on activities with excellence, including but not limited to managing product placement on shelves, increasing shelf facings and racks, handling carton returns, managing inventory movement and cleaning shelving and racks.
- Operating a route sales truck including loading and unloading of product OR operating a personal vehicle along an established route.
Does this sound interesting? Check out this video to learn more about our Route Sales Representative role: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW172pgV88o&t=9s
- Preference for a current post-secondary student with first year completed
- Valid full G driver’s license and a flawless driving record
- Your own vehicle, or reliable and consistent access to a vehicle
- Great with people and excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills, demonstrated by your ability to handle multiple priorities, problem solve, and meet deadlines or target
- Motivated and enthusiastic - spirited individual who can keep their energy up all day long
- Sales experience with a consumer-packaged goods or retail organization preferred
- Physically active/strong - able to lift approx. 50 pounds and be on your feet all day
- Able to work early mornings and weekends
If sales is your strength, and you are eager to learn a world-class business and represent some of Canada’s most loved brands like Lay’s, Doritos and Tostitos, then this might be the career for you! Job Type: Seasonal