PEPSICO BEVERAGES CANADA
The Maintenance Millwright contributes to the success of PepsiCo Beverages Canada by repairing and installing production equipment. This individual also inspects equipment for proper functioning, performs preventative maintenance duties and diagnoses equipment malfunctions for repairs and adjustments as needed. This skilled position is located at the Delta BC facility.
This is a full-time position that requires open availability including weekends.
PepsiCo Canada is recognized as one of Canada’s top 100 employers. PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. Our product portfolio includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands; from Gatorade to Quaker, Tropicana to Lay’s and more. We make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world. PepsiCo's effort to help build a more sustainable food system represents a key element of the company's broader vision of accelerated, sustainable growth known as Winning with Purpose. As part of this vision, PepsiCo is striving to be a better company by further integrating purpose into the core of its business and brands and doing even more for people and the planet. Our purpose efforts include fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, supporting the communities where we live and work, and improving choices in our portfolio through reformulations and new products.
At PepsiCo Canada, we are focused on delighting our consumers by delivering high-quality products and exciting brand campaigns. Our people are critical to our success and by supporting their personal growth and development and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, PepsiCo Canada is a company you’ll be proud to join!
What you’ll be working on:
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on production equipment
- Repair building system
- Changeover production line equipment
- Upgrade areas with new equipment/technology, working with outside contractors
- Interact daily with computerized maintenance and parts programs
- Perform all assigned duties in a safe and productive manner
- Follow the direction of Maintenance Leadhand, Supervisors and Department Managers
- Able to work in a multi department team environment
- Keep work area orderly and clean
Who’s a good fit for the team:
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Must be a Certified Industrial Mechanic Millwright or have completed an Industrial Mechanic Millwright Apprenticeship
- Class 4 Power Engineer Certificate is required
- Knowledge of machine control systems, safety control system and troubleshooting them
- Willing to contribute and dedicated to reducing our environmental foot print
- Must have own hand tools
- Bottle and Can Line maintenance experience in the food/packaged goods industry is an asset
- Able to work with machine shop tools and welders in a safe productive setting
- Ability to read and understand layout drawings and machine parts manuals
- Must be able to lift/carry 50-85 lbs. Must be able to push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to perform frequent standing, bending, twisting, crawling, kneeling, squatting, climbing, reaching and grasping
- Must be able to work shifts and overtime as required
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive compensation, benefits, pension, RRSP contribution and vacation time
- A flexible working environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance
- A dynamic and inclusive culture that promotes you to bring your whole-self to work
- A supportive team that will encourage your professional growth and development
- An opportunity to be meaningful and impactful within your work and projects
- An opportunity to give back to the community with our Always on Volunteer 360 Program
- An organization that aims to use their scale, reach and expertise to build a more sustainable world
#PBHJob Type: Full-Time