PepsiCo’s ambition is to make evidence-based decision making a key part of everyday business. To this end, we are looking for a Commercial Strategy Manager to ensure this insight is captured and incorporated into the overall strategic growth plans for Sales. This individual would be skilled at spotting growth opportunities within our Sales channel and translating this into operational plans for the business.
To be successful, this individual needs to be able to demonstrate initiative and commercial awareness as well as s strategic mindset. It is also essential this induvial has worked within Consumer Goods, ideally within a commercial role.
From this role, there may be future opportunities to apply your skills to other areas of the business such as Sales, Strategy, Finance or Supply Chain or focus on providing leadership and direction to turn PepsiCo’s Impulse Sales team into an industry leading function.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Support the Channel Development Controller in managing the overall strategic growth plans for our Impulse Sales Channel, incorporating portfolio customers and Go To Market components
- Take growth opportunities and expand these into operational plans
- Design and implement “Test & Learn” projects to validate strategic assumptions ahead of national scale – ups
- Management of a team of 2 analysts; prioritising pipeline of requests from broader Impulse channel and drive efficiency in core processes
- Partner with UK Exec to develop the strategies across Impulse and any associated test & learn activity
- Attend and support in running Impulse Leadership team meetings to ensure the strategic plans are being operationalised
- Consult with senior stakeholders to define business problems, and advise on how to apply strategy & insight to solve those problems
- Business partnering with internal & external stakeholders e.g. Nielson, Kantar, Insights, Category & Finance
- Worked within the Consumer Goods industry, ideally a Strategic or Commercial role
- Commercial Acumen
- Insatiable desire to derive actionable recommendations from data
- Must understand full life cycle of a customer and customer interactions
- Advance Excel skills
- Insights platform experience, e.g. Nielson, Kantar
Desirable but not essential experience:
- Project/ Change management experience
- Tableau, Business Objects experience
- Team management experience
- Understanding of continuous development and delivery in an agile framework.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including; colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.