The Health and Nutrition Sciences team at PepsiCo is seeking a Principal Scientist to support the North America Foods business. This position will lead Nutrition Sciences activities related to the development of new products and claims, external engagement with health care professionals, and internal nutrition education efforts for PepsiCo Foods North America associates.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluate and translate scientific data to identify market-ready opportunities for business units and advise on the integration of such opportunities for claims and positioning
- Guide strategies and identify opportunities for clinical research in support of differentiated product claims and health professional communication opportunities
- Understand nutrition needs of the target population to deliver relevant solutions and insights to the business in a format that is readily applicable in consumer products.
- Enable the organization to make informed business decisions on health and wellness related issues in the context of grains and snack foods
- Lead internal nutrition education efforts for Sales, Marketing, and R&D on topics of relevance for the Quaker Foods business
- Lead planning for corporate presence at health care professional conferences in collaboration with marketing and PR teams
- Network internally and influence highly matrix teams to achieve success. Internal audiences include clinical research, regulatory, legal, marketing, product development, consumer insights and sales
- Maintain a strong network with external influencers in academia, professional, government and trade organizations as well as peers within the industry
- Provide leadership to regional nutrition partners by recognizing opportunities for synergy and collaboration by sharing scientific and technical insights globally
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/DEGREE AND FIELD:
- Master’s degree (the US or foreign equivalent) in Nutritional Science or a closely related field
- PhD preferred
- RDN desirable
- At least 5 years in a Nutrition role within the food industry, preferably at a large food manufacturer
- Direct supervisory/people management experience preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with cross-functional partners in a highly matrixed environment
- Ability to translate complex science into concise and understandable education for internal and external audiences
- Utilize scientific-technical expertise for identification and evaluation of trends and innovations in nutritional science
- Ability to effectively coordinate programs and budgets, managing multiple responsibilities while delivering on time and on budget
- Experience working within a North America (US/Canada) market-specific regulations
- Grains and/or snack foods subject matter expertise is desirable
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement