Step up to the biggest challenge of your career and realize your potential when your determination meets our dynamic culture.
The Innovation, Design & Technology (IDT) Team (part of PepsiCo Global Beverages Packaging R&D organization) is a strategic research and development team at PepsiCo. The IDT Team is on an exciting journey to bring delight through engaging consumer experiences. This team works in cross-functional collaboration to develop highly differentiated packaging concepts and technology platforms by linking consumer insights and desirable consumer experiences with emerging technologies, to satisfy our business objectives.
What’s in it for you?
A rewarding opportunity for personal and professional growth in the world’s leading food and beverage company.
What’s your role?
Virtual tools are widely recognized as robust tools within the engineering toolbox, to develop winning global packaging for the consumer goods market. Modeling and Simulation (M&S) is at the forefront of applying models that can accelerate packaging design, structures, and processes. Working as a team of Packaging R&D professionals, you will partner with the Industrial Design Teams, the R&D Packaging Commercial Teams, and the broader Innovation, Design and Technology Team, to apply virtual analysis tools and capability for new package development. Our goal is to drive breakthrough packaging innovation that delights our consumers, ensuring robust Design for Manufacturability principles and vertical start ups, within the right cost structure.
R&D Packaging - Senior Engineer in the Innovation, Design & Technology Group, part of Global R&D. Drive short-mid-long term packaging innovation technology pipeline and new formats, to deliver against PepsiCo’s beverage innovation platforms.
- Lead development of advanced M&S capabilities in the areas of Injection Molding, material characterization, and reheat stretch blow molding.
- Act as a subject matter expert concerning packaging CAD, Modeling and Simulation (FEA, CEL, FSI), prototyping, by addressing targeted questions from our key stakeholders and/or business partners.
- Provide design/analysis/prototyping expertise, applying advanced simulation methods, and empirical models to enable faster learning and development of new packaging structures.
- Design and conduct a virtual analysis of concepts to product and process specifications (form/fit/function optimization).
- Lead prototype development through the application of available tools in additive manufacturing, lab-scale injection molding and stretch blow molding
- Support efforts with PepsiCo’s Industrial Design Teams, R&D, Global Procurement, Marketing, and Supply Chain Development Teams to drive packaging innovation.
- Maintain open communication and build strong relationships with multiple functions.
- Protect information and materials provided to third parties (e.g. consultants, vendors, suppliers, OEMs) by ensuring proper procedures are conducted and parties are contractually obligated to follow by PepsiCo’s Non-Disclosure Agreements as necessary.
- Broad knowledge of Injection Molding, Reheat Stretch Blow Molding, and Material Characterization processes.
- Experience with CAD software: SolidWorks, Creo/Pro-E
- Experience with FEA/CFD software: Abaqus, LS-Dyna, ANSYS, Fluent, SW Simulator
- Experience with IM software: MoldFLow, Moldex3D, SW Plastics
- Experience with Injection Molding and Stretch Blow Molding equipment.
- Analytical thinking and Intellectual curiosity
- Project management skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Teamwork & collaboration
- Motivated & results-driven
- Building strong technical relationships
- MS, or PhD in Mechanical, Chemical, Material Science & Materials, Polymers, Plastics, or Packaging Engineering, with 3 plus years’ experience in related consumer goods field (preferably in rigid and flexible packaging).
- Demonstrated expertise on packaging design, modeling, analysis and simulation, to verify performance and manufacturability, and drive form/fit/function optimization.
- Solid experience with SolidWorks, virtual prototyping (Injection Molding and SBM), and simulation (explicit FEA software) preferred.
- Strong leadership qualities, verbal and written communication skills, and technical analysis and problem-solving skills are required.
- Travel mainly in North America however some international travel may be required to meet project and business objectives, 25% total travel target.
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement