Auto req ID: 204560BR
The Seasonal Quality Control Technician contributes to the success of the Pepsi Beverages Company by ensuring the proper mixture of syrup ingredients for each specific product. This includes cleaning and sterilizing the tanks, adding specific ingredients and switching tank lines to change flavours.
This is a seasonal position located that begins anytime after April 1 and ends by September 30. There is potential for permanent employment after the seasonal period.
- Hours: up to 40 hours a week
- Shifts: Any day; must be available one weekend day
PepsiCo Canada is recognized as one of Canada’s top 100 employers. PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. Our product portfolio includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands; from Gatorade to Quaker, Tropicana to Lay’s and more. We make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world. PepsiCo's effort to help build a more sustainable food system represents a key element of the company's broader vision of accelerated, sustainable growth known as Winning with Purpose. As part of this vision, PepsiCo is striving to be a better company by further integrating purpose into the core of its business and brands and doing even more for people and the planet. Our purpose efforts include fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, supporting the communities where we live and work, and improving choices in our portfolio through reformulations and new products.
At PepsiCo Canada, we are focused on delighting our consumers by delivering high-quality products and exciting brand campaigns. Our people are critical to our success and by supporting their personal growth and development and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, PepsiCo Canada is a company you’ll be proud to join!
- Operate and monitor line, removing or shifting materials and/or finished product as necessary to facilitate proper flow and machine operation
- Perform tests and use special equipment to ensure product and package quality
- Expedite quality concerns to the line, working with maintenance as necessary
- Maintain daily records of tests performed and results
- Operate all manufacturing equipment in an efficient and safe manner
- Maintain cleanliness in assigned areas
- Follow the direction of Quality Control Leadhands and/or Supervisors
Who’s a good fit for the team:
Successful applicants will be required to pass a background check which includes a criminal record check, a reference check, a general employment verification, and confirmation of high school (or equivalent credential) completion.
- Post-Secondary Education in the related field or 1-2 years of experience working in a lab is required
- Experience in manufacturing or warehouse environment preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work as a team member
- Flexible –Willingness to work all shifts including afternoons, nights, weekends, and weekend nights
- Excellent physical coordination and conditioning
What you can expect from us:
Job Type: Seasonal
- Competitive compensation, benefits, pension, RRSP contribution and vacation time
- A flexible working environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance
- A dynamic and inclusive culture that promotes you to bring your whole-self to work
- A supportive team that will encourage your professional growth and development
- An opportunity to be meaningful and impactful within your work and projects
- An opportunity to give back to the community with our Always on Volunteer 360 Program
- An organization that aims to use their scale, reach and expertise to build a more sustainable world