PepsiCo Beverages Packaging R&D is seeking an Associate Principal Packaging Engineer to lead projects within the hydration beverages innovation agenda (brands such as Aquafina, bubbly, and LifeWTR). The role is part of the Global Beverages Packaging department. Focus is to deliver package innovations and drive the development and execution of new and refreshed package forms across the range of packing materials and structures (bottles, closures, cartons, and flexible etc.) used in line with business unit strategies.
Responsibilities of this role include the following:
- Initiate and perform technical feasibility studies on new packaging platforms delivered through ideation
- Cross-Functional Project Leadership
- Actively participate in Marketing and Marketing Research programs, including focus groups and other consumer research formats
- Strong communication, organizational, and collaboration skills; Ability to influence cross-functional teams, in multiple locations around the globe
- Ability to identify risks and issues with appropriated mitigation and to determine when escalation is needed
- Contribute to Research & insights Teams to incorporate packaging requirements into plans
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise for Package Development and Commercialization
- Maintain, update, and create packaging specifications and protocols
- 20% to 30% travel
- BS in Chemical, Mechanical, Packaging, Plastics Engineering or equivalent with 7+ years’ experience in related consumer goods field or MS or PhD (as previous) with 3+ years’ experience in related consumer goods field
- Experience working with Consumer-Packaged Goods (CPG) or Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) companies a plus
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement