MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The role consists of two responsibilities. An Account Manager aspect and a People Management aspect.
As Account Manager you will manage five direct clients. You will translate the results successfully in his relationship with the customer, all the way down to the level of the individual selling points:
- Responsibility for volume, turnover, market share and profitability within his customer portfolio, and this within a pre-agreed budget.
- Responsibility for the development, negotiation and implementation of the annual Account Plan within pre-agreed budgets.
- Responsibility for the development of new acquisitions with a cross category approach.
The second part of the function, the role of District Manager, is more about people management.
- Plan, coach, supervise and control sales activities in the AFH Convenience Channel in terms of Sales execution (Coverage, Visit Frequencies, Numeric Distribution, Market Share, launch activities, Promotions, Visibility, & Reporting).
- Strongly lead and motivate the National WHS Convenience Field Sales team (5 Sales Developers) to sustain growth and in view of achieving and exceeding sales and profit targets within the BE customers through excellent Business Practices and Customer Services principles. Drive your team to be “HUNTERS (30%) & FARMERS (70%)” and to be an “ENTREPRENEUR” in their Region with the spirit “win daily on every place of your Region “. Lead and motivate the team to sustain growth
The business scope consists of smaller Direct Wholesalers & Sub-Wholesalers, independents and group members and also outlets.
Management of the business is related to the customer portfolio & the National Whole Sale Convenience Field team. More precisely:
- Profound customer understanding (background, account structure, customer strategy).
- Achieve KPI’s Targets and deliver AOP objectives for all Categories w/I Budgets (volume, gross sales, net revenue, NOPBT).
- Support the Strategy Plan/AOP (Annual Operating Plan) - input/analyses and build strong Account & Field Plans.
- P&L responsibility in collaboration with Commercial Finance
- Negotiation, implementation and follow up of the Annual Agreements
- You will spend in total 60% of the working time in the field – full customer service at all levels including regular wholesaler visits, outlet visits/audits and performance reviews. Next to that you will follow-up the day-to-day business for the customers in order to optimize the communication and the development of the business opportunities.
- Achieve national objectives through motivation and supervision of the sales force and lead field sales meetings.
- Follow-up and work individually with each Field Sales Developer and monitor the progress of the wholesalers
- Train the convenience sales force in order to develop the individual competencies of each SD and to maximize the Field Sales Force excellence.
- Follow-up of customer invoicing together with sales support, in order to achieve an optimal cost-control.
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $67 billion in net revenue in 2019, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio. This portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 23 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. "Winning with Purpose" reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
The position requires a combination of very strong tactical and operational management skills. The ability to define and implement the best tactics for the convenience business and to translate this into a clear and structured action plan.
Excellent leadership skills are required. The ability to train his sales team in setting challenging goals and improving negotiation skills within Convenience is key to the success.
- Graduate or University degree
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in FMCG, Away From Home knowledge is a plus
- 3-lingual: Dutch – French – English
- Result-oriented and driven towards growth
- Hands-on mentality, entrepreneur & hunter
- Strong communication skills, persuasion and relationship management skills with the ability to interact and communicate with different levels in the company and within the customer – open & clear
- Strong dynamic and mature personality with excellent presentation skills
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills, able to translate strategic vision to the work floor
- Time & Priority management skills and ability to multi-task
Job Type: Regular