The Senior Manager Material Supply position is responsible for managing the packaging material Supply Assurance team for Pepsi’s North American beverages business. This position works closely with Pepsi Supply Chain Organization, Commercial COEs, PepsiCo Integration, Co-Pack, & GP Commercial Integration teams to facilitate new business change and new product introductions by translating business initiatives into supplier requirements. The team is also responsible for managing the seamless supply of the entire pipeline of national inventories of materials from suppliers to manufacturing facilities.
- Analyze and ensure flawless execution and implementation of all business proposal initiatives related to material supply.
- Manage total system inventory production and inventory planning models with suppliers to ensure national inventory material supply.
- Develop and execute material run out strategies to minimize material obsolescence related to business change. Manage and forecast obsolescence spend. Provide feedback and analysis to marketing teams on how to reduce spend.
- Ensure sufficient inventory at suppliers and plants during emergencies, shutdowns or other non-routine shipments. Requires strong communication and prioritization skills. Assure back-up supplier supply capability and contingency planning in place.
- Identify, lead, or support special projects ensuring that timelines are adhered to.
- Develop plans and action steps that ensure flawless execution of new initiatives.
- Provide leadership and direction in cross-functional team meetings, conference calls, etc. to develop strategies to execute business change with suppliers that leverage productivity & best practices.
- Develop and implement raw material dashboards utilizing Pepsi requirements, supplier inputs, & other disparate sources of data that will be utilized to drive real-time capacity/planning discussions with senior business leaders.
- Undergraduate degree required; preferred concentration in Business, Finance, Supply Chain, or Operations
- Graduate degree preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in Procurement/Supply Chain with a major consumer goods organization
- Interpersonal, communication (written and oral) skills a must
- International work experience – the ability to effectively interact with all levels of management in multicultural settings
- Demonstrated history of developing and effectively deploying strategies that yield year-over-year productivity across geographies and businesses
- Ability to operate independently and successfully in roles of both influence and control, interfacing at senior levels with suppliers, peers and senior company leadership
- Ability to effectively negotiate in tough situations with internal and external stakeholders and settle differences with minimal noise and drive for a solution that benefits all parties
- This position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement