We are PepsiCo Supply Chain. We are the game changers, innovators, collaborators and history makers. The groundbreakers of the Supply Chain & Logistics space.
We are a diverse group, spread across 200 countries and territories, and united by a shared set of values and goals. You know our name through our amazing portfolio, including Tropicana, Pepsi, Frito-Lay, Quaker and Gatorade.
We perform with a purpose. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. Together, we raise the bar in lean manufacturing practices. We put forth new standards and stretch to reach beyond the goals we set. We are a think tank, bringing our ideas into action and are determined to find ways to drive efficiencies, improve processes and achieve the highest level of safety… all while meeting the demands of our customers and consumers to deliver the best products. At PepsiCo, we are committed to performing well as individuals and in teams, and to strengthen the company as a whole.
Are you hungry to be a part of the world’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands? Then now is the time to explore the Possibilities of PepsiCo.
Logistics, Distribution & Transportation Manager will have the leadership for the Chilled Transportation function - West region.
- Responsibility for developing plans required to deliver financial and service goals within Transportation/Logistics function. Coordination and execution of over $50 million in spend across two company owned production facilities and three major distribution center facilities. Annual truckload volume < 20,000 shipments
- Ensure carrier execution against transportation requirements, meeting requirements of internal and external customers (retail customers, replenishment planning, Global procurement). Support of the annual procurement bid and bid readiness. Development of the right portfolio of carriers for the West region to ensure adequate capacity availability at costs that deliver against our AOP and execute against service KPI’s. Period Performance reporting and score carding across the region and with carriers
- Ensure compliance metrics for private fleet is maintained. Deliver a company fleet solution that is cost efficient and provides world class service and dependability
- Initiative leadership and alignment with planning and customer service to positively assist in capacity management and support of payload opportunity, STO elimination, intermodal compliance, LTL consolidation, and overall reduction of Supply Chain Costs
- Transportation support of product innovation and timely execution of Chilled network transitions/sourcing changes without interruption to the supply chain
- Field transportation employee onboarding & development, and representation/education of the transportation function across the region (transportation coordinators and DC Managers)
- Management and execution of carrier surge planning; minimize billing/payment disruption to carrier base by supporting freight payment guidelines on surge, spot and RG planned activity
- Support of period regional scorecard with Freight Payment Manager; drive results in spot bid market without service interruption and accurate freight payment accruals
- Period financial reviews: Delivery of actionable items and deviations from AOP, working in conjunction with finance team for financial cause-of-change and forecast alignments
- Power of One Synergies: Active participation in Regional and National Better Together Meetings; drive synergy opportunity, leveraging private and dedicated fleet(s) and engaging regional leads in new opportunity and solid understanding of the network, empty mile opportunity, co-load, and define and resolve network challenges
- Active engagement with ROD/CMM’s and Planning to properly plan warehouse delivered transportation needs based on production, warehouse capacity and flows and define the right mix of asset/broker mix and the building of collaborative relationships with planning and warehousing
- Manage and define transportation solutions for complex/JIT shipments
- Leadership and alignment with the Plano based Net Ops/ETM teams to identify opportunity within TMS; accept/reject reporting, standardize action against order flow with tenders and adherence to ERG. Help shape and execute next generation of network optimization opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5-7 years transportation experience preferred
- Strong analytical and negotiating skills
- In-depth knowledge of refrigerated transportation landscape and impacts on future PepsiCo strategies
- Ability to effectively address and resolve conflict
- Ability to lead, influence and manage stakeholders and project teams from multiple divisions, functions and vendors
- Ability to lead and manage company fleet of transport drivers
- Ability to effectively engage and articulate SC concepts at the Strategic, Tactical and Operational levels
- This position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement