As part of the fast-paced and driven PepsiCo Foods North America (PFNA) R&D team, you will be responsible for process design, improving and maintaining quality and developing new reframe and/or breakthrough innovation across our Transform portfolio. The primary focus of this position will be the application of engineering principles to define equipment requirements and improve quality for Stacy’s and Off the Eaten Path (OTEP) including process development, prototype development, process optimization, production start-up and on-going brand stewardship.
This position will require strong engineering fundamentals and process design experience. Strong experimental design/analysis, ability to manage projects and a team mentality will be required to move projects forward. This position may also support projects on other platforms within the Region requiring strong technical excellence to quickly learn new platforms, contribute, and deliver results.
- Lead technical assignments for the PFNA team in the areas of process development, technical brand stewardship and new product development.
- Demonstrate strong technical skills in applying scientific principles to solve new problems. Utilize engineering and scientific methods to develop knowledge that creates business opportunities that support the company strategic market objectives.
- Lead the identification, assessment, validation and commercialization of new products and technologies.
- Design and execute experiments and analyze and interpret data to make sound technical recommendations on product and process issues.
- Work effectively & in collaboration with cross-functional (Engineering and Operations (including third party manufacturing), Brand/Innovation Marketing) and R&D discipline partners to deliver new products and technology to grow the PepsiCo business.
- Provide technical and business risk assessment/perspectives and mitigation plans related to new product and process development.
- Apply Technical & Business Governance processes effectively from feasibility stage through to scale-up & post-launch support.
- Participate as an active member of cross-functional business development or Task Force teams comprised of individuals from a variety of disciplines, including Marketing, Purchasing, Engineering and other groups.
- Engage the support of internal subject matter experts & team as needed.
- Provide updates to key R&D and cross-functional executive leadership.
- Education/Certifications: BS, MS or PhD. Degree in Engineering
- Work Experience: 10 years with BS, 7 years with MS or 5 years with PhD in CPG industry
- Demonstrated capability in process/line design, equipment design and/or asset strategy
- Demonstrated application of strong engineering fundamentals to solve problems
- Experience in product or process commercialization/optimization and/or productivity
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills
- Experience leading/coordinating cross-functional and cross-regional teams
- Ability to oversee project activities, as Project Lead
- Ability to influence, collaborate and communicate both above and below the level
- Demonstrated capability to effectively manage complex projects or multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated understanding of how to incorporate business needs into technical decisions
- Ability and interest to work in the laboratory, pilot plant and manufacturing scale environments
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement