PepsiCo Foodservice is a division of PepsiCo that brings the company’s entire portfolio of food and beverage brands to market in out-of-home consumption channels to meet consumer needs at work, at play, and on the go. Rooted in PepsiCo’s “Power of One” principles, PepsiCo Foodservice leverages the scale and breadth of the corporation’s brands to provide a unified voice to its customers and deliver a competitive advantage in the fast-growing foodservice and vending channels.
The Market Development Manager (MDM) for Food Service will be responsible for account management responsibilities associated with assigned Food Service accounts. Overall duties include participation in annual planning, business reviews (quarterly business review process) Reporting and trade management and account administration.
- Strategic sales leader, setting the annual agenda for distributors through business optimization, program management and distributor sales team interaction
- Achieve annual sales and profit plan by identifying opportunities, strategies and tactics, and by influencing key stakeholders within their distributors
- Sell in new PepsiCo products to foodservice distributors and achieve 100% distribution of big bets
- Identify and develop key senior-level relationships that should be initiated to further attain goals; Relationship building among all branches of distributors (sales, marketing, operations, procurement)
- Negotiate and execute all aspects of distributor marketing programs for designated distributors
- Ensure distributor marketing activities/budgets, trade-spend and selling expense targets are met
- Distributor trade management (communication, compliance tracking, checkbook management, payment distribution)
- Business review preparation and presentation
- Attend customer meetings at multiple levels (branch, operator and district level meetings)
- Distributor order guide management (ensuring SKU level accuracy and maximizing SKU presence)
- DSR field work-withs (focusing on driving street business through training DSR's in PepsiCo product line management)
- Operator account call coverage with large street operators and multi-unit operators
- Distributor trade-show management
- Sell-in and ensure compliance with all PepsiCo sponsored promotional events
- Consistent customer consultation to maximize sales opportunity for both your customer and PepsiCo (win-win)
- Bachelor's Degree, plus 4 years of outside sales experience
- Foodservice experience preferred
- Demonstrated collaboration and influencing skills
- Ability and desire to work independently in the absence of direct supervision
- Proven ability to consistently meet tight deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to analyze and solve complex business issues
- Analytical, leadership and excellent computer skills
- Demonstrated professionalism and dependability
- Strong communication skills; demonstrated ability to communicate and present effectively to all levels of an organization
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement