As Communications Supervisor you will lead and support the internal communication function of PepsiCo’s Global Business Centre (GBS). This is an individual contributor role with exposure to the senior leadership at GBS. It will also involve working closely with businesses, functions. The role requires the individual to coordinate with multiple stakeholders, vendors and agencies and strategically leveraging internal communication to drive employee and stakeholders engagement and enhance company reputation.
You will also handle limited external communications in support of the aggressive hiring agenda for GBS in Kraków. These activities will include social media (primarily Linked In) and videos, other promotional materials to support the hiring and external “employer brand” for PepsiCo.
- Guide and encourage inter departmental staff to communicate effectively and achieve company objectives
- Partner with the business to storyboard and translate results and ideas into engaging communication.
- Formulation and execution of employee and stakeholder communication campaigns, leadership messaging, internal social media, employee app and general business updates, town halls
- Partner with HR for driving the employee communications to build value proposition both Internally/externally.
- Ensure all communication and PepsiCo brand initiatives and information are accessible, timely and engaging to all internal stakeholders.
- Internal Communication strategy –Design framework for employer branding across key internal stakeholders.
- Ensure consistency of internal communications messages across all mediums, using globally approved messaging, logos, artwork, etc. Serve as connecting point between PepsiCo Poland, PepsiCo global/sector corporate head office and PepsiCo Kraków Business Services.
- Enhance PepsiCo’s brand by creating proactive content that consistently and expertly positions the company delivering “Winning with Purpose”.
Planning & Budgeting: you will be responsible for the achievement of the organisation’s mission, goals and reputational objectives. Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and report progress. Additionally, develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for the GBS’s comms specific activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate delivery.
- Previous experience in internal communication with large & complex organisations
- Very good written and spoken English
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident in organizing and leading initiatives alongside senior stakeholders, communications business partner
- Digitally savvy – Good grasp on Employee Apps, Social Media required
- High-energy self-starter Ability to navigate ambiguous environments and work in a fast-paced environment
- Adhere to meeting to strict deadlines & working with cross functional teams
- Visual storyteller, and demonstrable track record of collaborative and creative working
- Exceptional strategic thinking and analytical skills
Job Type: Regular