Imagine What Can Happen When YOUR “Can-Do” Attitude MEETS OUR Iconic Brands
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $64 billion in net revenue in 2018, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
PepsiCo continues to be at the forefront as the category’s share leader and growth driver. We’re excited to see what we can accomplish with your skills, ideas, and perspectives. Are you in?
PepsiCo Foodservice is a division of PepsiCo that brings the company’s entire portfolio of food and beverage brands to market in out-of-home consumption channels to meet consumer needs at work, at play, and on the go.
What’s Your Role?
The Market Development Manager (MDM) for Food Service will be responsible for account management responsibilities associated with assigned Food Service accounts. Overall duties include participation in annual planning, business reviews (quarterly business review process) Reporting and trade management and account administration.
- Manage approximately $11MM territory consisting of all lines of PepsiCo business sold through Distributors and direct buy customers within the assigned territory.
- Achieve annual sales and profit plan by identifying opportunities, strategies and tactics, and by influencing key stakeholders within foodservice distributors & operators
- Ensure Call Coverage goals are met across the geographical area.
- Achieve 100% distribution of new products & surpass KPI targets
- Align sales goals and targets with PepsiCo Field Sales teams and Distributor Beverage Manager
- Identify and develop key relationships with all Direct Buy Distributors and Operators
- Negotiate and execute all details of distributor marketing programs
- Ensure distributor marketing activities/budgets, trade-spend and selling expense targets are met
- Distributor trade management (communication, compliance tracking, checkbook management, payment distribution)
- Develop and present quarterly strategy sessions with Distributors
- Attend customer meetings at multiple levels (branch-, operator- and district-level meetings)
- Distributor order guide management (ensuring SKU level accuracy and maximizing SKU presence)
- DSR field work-with (focusing on driving street business through training Distributor Rep’s on PepsiCo product lines)
- Operator account call coverage & sales responsibility with large street and multi-unit operators
- Distributor trade-show management
- Sell-in and ensure compliance with all PepsiCo sponsored promotional events
- Consistent customer consultation to maximize all PepsiCo/Distributor joint opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3-4 years of Foodservice sales or operations experience preferred
- Demonstrated collaboration and influencing skills
- Ability and desire to work independently in the absence of direct supervision
- Proven ability to consistently meet tight deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to analyze and solve complex business issues
- Analytical, leadership and excellent computer skills
- Demonstrated professionalism and dependability
- Strong communication skills; demonstrated ability to communicate and present effectively to all levels of an organization
- Ability to travel as needed to provide territory coverage and distributor/operator support
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement