PepsiCo Nutrition Science is central to the Company’s future and instrumental in innovation and communications efforts. This role is critical to the North American beverage business, with nearly 20 Billion Dollars in net revenue, by supporting marketing, sales, and innovation efforts. As a Senior Scientist with PepsiCo, you will have unique opportunities to participate in the development of a diverse portfolio of beverage products. The Beverages Nutrition Science team specifically supports the implementation of nutrition strategies for PepsiCo, develops product guidance, translates nutrition science into product renovation and innovation, promotes nutrition communication opportunities, and develops/executes research strategies in support of beverages.
- Translate nutrition science to global business partners and other corporate functions to enable portfolio innovation, transformation, and science-based business opportunities, with a focus on the energy segment.
- Actively engage with R&D teams to identify novel ingredients and promote nutrition opportunities that differentiate PepsiCo products from the competitive landscape.
- Effectively leverage existing and emerging nutrition science to provide science-based opportunities and solutions for beverage businesses.
- Network internally to influence highly matrixed teams, including regulatory affairs, marketing, legal, product development, consumer insights and business unit leads. Foster communication and sharing of best practices around the globe.
- Engage both consumers and experts with relevant nutrition activation content and support the training of internal and external audiences through several platforms inclusive of symposia, conferences and trade shows, internal and external presentations, brochures, and articles, as well as digital and social media.
- Advanced degrees in nutrition science or a related field, with 1-3 years’ experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of human nutrition, nutrient requirements and recommendations, scientific information gathering, synthesis, and communication, and clinical study interpretation.
- Demonstrated ability to bring early-stage innovation research to commercial product ideas and launches.
- Use scientific-technical expertise for identification and evaluation of trends/innovations in nutrition science.
- Experience planning, conducting and interpreting clinical research.
- Leadership presence and ability to work and communicate effectively in cross-functional teams, while working together to meet timelines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and ability to work with diverse cultural backgrounds, personalities, work styles across various levels of the organization.
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement