PEPSICO BEVERAGES CANADA
Seasonal Production Worker
This role is perfect for anyone who has seen an episode of “How It’s Made”, and now carries a genuine interest in manufacturing and production. As a General Soft Drink worker, you’ll receive a behind the scenes understanding of how we create smiles by operating high-speed manufacturing equipment. Some of these machines include: can and bottle fillers, labelers, and more! This is a great opportunity for you to develop your technical skills and learn from our experienced team.
This is a seasonal position located on Annacis Island that begins anytime after April 1 and ends by September 15. There is potential for permanent employment after the seasonal period.
- Hours: Up to 40 hours a week
- Schedule: Open to all shifts, including afternoons and graveyards
PepsiCo Canada is recognized as one of Canada’s top 100 employers. PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. Our product portfolio includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands; from Gatorade to Quaker, Tropicana to Lay’s and more. We make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
At PepsiCo Canada, we are always centered on the consumer, developing exciting brand campaigns and continuously driving product innovations. Our people are our greatest asset! By supporting their ability to work effectively together and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that PepsiCo Canada is the company you want to work for!
What you’ll be doing:
- Mix components in syrup room to batch syrup to run on the lines
- Efficiently operate the can and bottle line packing machines - G.P.I., Kisters, Hi-Cone
- Efficiently operate bottle line labeling machines
- Operation can/bottle line palletizers and pallet wrappers
- Conduct micro testing and do quality check
- Completing quality checks
- Safe operations of the lifting devices for cardboard and plastic rolls
- Keep work area orderly and clean
- Other tasks as directed by the supervisor
Who’s a good fit for the team:
- You have a High School Diploma, Professional Studies Diploma or Equivalence;
- You are a team player who strives for efficiency;
- You demonstrate an aptitude in basic writing and mathematics to complete any required paperwork accurately and legibly
- Qualified to perform Quality Checks on primary and secondary packaging – an asset
- Knowledge of the operation of the wrapper and conveying systems – an asset
- Knowledge of Can/Bottle Line Packers and conveying systems – an asset
- Able to troubleshoot packer/labeling operations – an asset
- Proficient Palletizer operations and troubleshooting – an asset
Physical demands and working conditions:
- You can lift/carry up to 50lbs and push/pull up to 35lbs occasionally for up to 8 – 10 hours a day;
- You are comfortable working in a multi-temperature environment.
What you can expect from us:
- A working environment that promotes health and safety;
- A dynamic and inclusive culture that promotes you to bring your whole-self to work;
- A working environment that promotes diversity.
How to Apply
- Visit pepsicojobs.com and apply through our online portal
#LI-CDNBEVERAGESJob Type: Seasonal