- Manage the daily operation of distribution activities and secondary distribution fleet of vehicles and staff.
- Ensure timely deliveries to customers (manage the transport arrangement collection and deliveries) by communicating and liaising with Customers on store management level.
- Ensuring effective distribution of product to all outlets to achieve 100% customer satisfaction at all times.
- Maintain control in Despatching of stock to ensure that all stock items can be accounted for at all times.
- Establish a smooth control of the POD’s process by ensuring there is no outstanding POD’s on a daily basis.
- Identify POD challenges from Customers and inform staff and other business process owners to update and address the POD requirements.
- Manage stock shortages (claims) by Drivers and discipline staff not complying with the Company policy and procedure.
- Verify that staff adhere to the HHC’s process as per the policy and procedures i.e. Zero settlement on a daily basis, electronic credit notes at point of purchase, etc.
- Approve and authorise route end cycle count on a periodic basis to maintain accurate stock control on HHC’s.
- Management of secondary distribution fleet maintenance and operational aspects in conjunction with Fleet Controllers.
- Report on all accidents and incidents occurring relating to fleet and submit documents timeously to the relevant department/s.
- Participate on the warehouse wall to wall cycle counts; assess and review processes especially affecting distribution/key accounts operations.
- Development and motivation of the Delivery Drivers and Crews with the purpose of achieving customer satisfaction and timeously adhering to delivery schedule.
- Handling of all Industrial Relations and disciplinary procedures.
- Other daily tasks associated with distribution management and customer service.
- Adhere to and promote EHS and Food Safety Requirements
- Logistics or Supply Chain Diploma/Degree
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in warehousing and distribution.
- Computer literacy
- Good communication skills
- Solid knowledge of WMS
- Good ER and leadership skills
Job Type: Regular