Supply Chain Demand Planner Job Description
The Demand Planner contributes to PepsiCo Beverages success by developing accurate sales forecasts. This is accomplished by leveraging data and statistical models to guide the decision-making process for the assigned markets in consultation with other key process stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Generate weekly product forecast
- Utilize demand planning exception reports to identify and fix potential issues
- Collect Error Root Cause data to bridge gaps between forecast and actuals
- Collect promotional information from sales and Marketing partners
- Input historical retail price and exceptions into Prevail system
- Adjust forecasts as necessary to include local market intelligence
- Prepare the weekly demand planning call agenda and send out forecast reports for review
- Lead weekly Demand and Sales volume validation conference call
- Assist the supply chain manager in other tasks related to improving the overall demand forecast
- Perform master data maintenance to maintain accurate product and customer information
- Perform Prevail data maintenance to improve forecast accuracy
- Develop as Subject Matter Expert in tools, reporting and business processes through in-depth understanding of stakeholder needs and proven forecasting skills; provide training and coaching for 2-3 demand planners to drive improved results.
- Lead and support initiatives or projects for continuous improvement of forecasting tool, reporting or business processes.
- Bachelor’s degree required; concentration in Supply Chain or Statistics preferred
- Superior analytical skills
- Leadership qualities
- High proficiency with MS Office products; particularly Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- 2-4 yrs previous experience desired: Sales and/or Operations experience, including Demand and Supply planning and scheduling is an asset
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement