- Set-up, operate, monitor and control process equipment excluding packaging in order to efficiently convert raw materials into final product, which complies with quality, cost and service specifications and targets
- Identify areas of waste and inefficiency within the production process and suggest remedies to improve yield and efficiencies
- Assist in fault-finding and problem solving activities within the context and complexity of the manufacturing process in order to ensure maximum uptime and line efficiency
- Maintain housekeeping and food safety standards in order to ensure AIB and CRP compliance
- Ensure equipment is maintained in good working order; report all breakdowns, required maintenance and worn parts to packaging technician for action.
- Maintain safety standards through safe operating practices in order to avoid accidents and ensure a safe working environment
- Uphold and maintain ISO 14001 conformance by actively supporting the site Environmental Management System in order to obtain certification.
·Grade 12 or equivalent
·Related tertiary qualification
·Literate, numerate and confident in the use of panel view computer screens.
·Working knowledge and understanding of all control systems, including PLC’s.
·Knowledge of quality control specifications and techniques
·Information systems: ability to track information and understand line efficiencies and the factors that influence this.
·Mechanical aptitude with technical training and knowledge of manufacturing equipment.
- Drive for results
- Analytical thinking
- Communication skills
- Intellectual Curiosity
Job Type: Pipeline