This position is responsible for managing commodity risk within Global Resin Center of Excellence. The role will create and maintain commodity price coverage plan in accordance with Resin Play Book. It provides Center of Excellence (COE) global leadership to internal commodity risk management team on Resin price forecasting and market moves, as well as provides monthly price guidance recommendation to COE team, Global Procurement Finance and internal stakeholders. A key focus in this role will be following the oil and petrochemical market trends on a weekly basis to capture market dynamics that influence PET, PP, PE Resin pricing.
One of the primary objectives for the individual in the role is to understand and continually monitor supply and demand market fundamentals in North America and global petrochemicals industry and support strategy globally.
The role is responsible for global compliance to Play Book tracking, Resin COE global AOP/productivity monitoring and reporting, contract management compliance and other required by GP controls procedures execution.
- Execute price coverage strategies, governed by Resin Play Book. Assess commodity risks and develop risk mitigation strategies
- Develop cost advantaged pricing mechanism for resins in PepsiCo’s North America portfolio
- Analyze supply market capacity, import/export economics in resin supply chain. Develop BCP (business continuity planning) for domestic and imported materials
- Take monthly price coverage through suppliers and internal treasury team
- Closely monitor oil and petrochemical market place, drive insights to support Resin procurement strategies
- Monitor North America PET monthly market dynamics, to ensure commodity risks are addressed
- This position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States
- Bachelor's degree required; preferred focus in finance, petroleum engineering, chemical engineering or related field
- MBA preferred
- 7+ years of work experience in procurement, petrochemical industry, oils and gas, supply chain, finance, treasury, banking or commodity trading
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to transform data into meaningful insights
- Advanced excel capabilities including ability to build complex multi-component models
- Experience working with large data sets
- Basic understanding of traded commodity markets
- Experience in Commodity Risk Management
- Leadership experience that includes ability to drive results
- Communication abilities which influence to win support
- Ability to leverage understanding of key business drivers in own area to get results
- Collaboration & Influence abilities; ability to influence others through reasoning and relationships and possesses an understanding of how to operate in a matrix organisation and use networks appropriately to get things done
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement