We are currently looking for a R&D Lab Technician to join our team in Little Island contract up to 12 months.
We are the concentrate team in PepsiCo (PGCS) working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of PepsiCo’s mega brands including Gatorade, 7Up and Pepsi. We are at the heart of PepsiCo products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands. We are a global organisation, situated in 17 locations across 11 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast-paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.
At PepsiCo, innovation takes centre stage. In a fast-moving consumer environment, our research and development capability is crucial to provide a fresh twist to our favourite brands as well as creating new healthy choices that we need to succeed in the market. Focusing our research and development on meeting the latest consumer needs - whether nutrition, refreshment or indulgence –will drive our growth both now and in the future. Do you share our passion for innovation? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level.
- R&D Region Sr Technician will take ownership to have fully operational lab including maintaining, updating, improving and implementing the Best Practice and Best in Class Processes and Documentation, taking responsibility of the calibration and proficiency programs, Health and Safety requirements and supporting the pilot plant trials at OMVE.
- R&D Region Sr Technician should be able to produce samples in an accurate and timely manner according to recipe provided by Project Manager / Technologist.
- Product knowledge sufficient to ensure all samples produced are of a suitable quality for their intended use (e.g. internal testing, consumer testing). This requires a basic understanding of product quality attributes and how to achieve good application results on a consistent basis.
- Conduct basic physico-chemical analyses (after training): Brix, acidity, vitamin C
- Proper handling of Raw Materials and finished products: ensure proper and timely thawing and refilling of RM, manage inventories of team items and local storage.
- Management of shipments: ensure proper and timely shipment of samples. Liaise with shipment companies.
- Complete and keep proper up to date records of sample prepared, items sent.
- Support hiring manager on ongoing projects tasks
- Support and comply with safety and compliance initiatives on site.
Qualifications / Requirements:
Essential Criteria i.e. qualifications and/or experience (this will be assessed during short-listing)
- BSc in food science, chemistry or equivalent
- Third level qualification in Science or related discipline
- Previous experience in technical areas, operations, quality or food safety
- Capable of planning, executing and delivering daily lab and pilot plant duties within specified time frames
- Good hand and eye coordination and the ability to use technical equipment with accuracy
- Fluent PC skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Be a Self-starter, self-motivating with an ability to communicate with R&D international Team and Operations
- Additional Desired qualifications and/or experience
- Knowledge and practical experience with food R&D/Quality laboratories is desirable.
- Relevant experience in laboratory and pilot plant environment, as well as in R&D best practices is desirable
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $64 billion in net revenue in 2018, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visit www.pepsico.comRelocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular