The Sr Category Analyst works closely with Beverage Category Managers to partner with PepsiCo and Target teams to lead Customer Insights, develop Joint Business Plans and contribute to the creation of profitable category growth initiatives to deliver growth objectives. Utilizes understanding of product assortment, price, placement, and promotion to provide objective, fact-based insights and solutions. The position supports the development of on-going granular Category Sales Decomposition, driving “insights to action” in the following areas:
- Owns weekly scorecarding for internal and external audiences by leveraging IRI, MerchIQ & RSi, and is the expert on these tools for internal partners.
- Leads additional post-promotion, holiday, and test performance analyses, quantifying impact to customer, category & organization.
- Leads Target Remodel and New Store analytics for space and productivity recaps, presenting internally and to the customer, as appropriate.
- Supports planogram build and development of planogram recommendations for assigned categories through space analytics, such as assortment optimization, merchandising excellence, and clustering initiatives.
- Collaborates with Category Managers to identify, measure, and quantify trends and opportunities in support of the PepsiCo portfolio at Target.
- Supports the development of strategic insights to retail customer(s) to support selling initiatives, and gain alignment of major initiatives at multiple levels of the organization.
- Supports ad-hoc business requests as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-4 years of experience within Category Management and/or business analytics position
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills: able to interpret data and trends, as well as identify and address root causes
- Excellent communication skills: able to tailor written and verbal messaging to drive understanding across a variety of audiences
- Strong teamwork skills: group facilitation skills and development of strong relationships with the customer
- Strong organization skills: capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong leadership and influence skills: ability to influence both internal team members and customer to reach goals
- Strong personal motivation and ability to effectively work independently as well as collaboratively across multiple functions is necessary.
- Demonstrated experience using Syndicated Data via IRI and/or Nielsen
- Demonstrated experience using Customer POS Data ie MerchIQ
- Understanding of Consumer Data via Syndicated Panel, Disaggregated Panel, Spectra, GRM, etc
- Understanding and application of space management tools ie JDA/Apollo
- Target experience preferred
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement