The HIVE is a group within PepsiCo with the mission of creating and nurturing rising, trend-forward, high-potential brands. The HIVE brand teams will build compelling new-to-the-world brands by leveraging relevant PepsiCo resources matched with the power of their entrepreneurial spirit, to build brands and new capabilities for the broader company.
HIVE Brand teams are structured as lean entrepreneurial teams – empowered to take risks and operate outside of bureaucracy to move with agility, test and learn – running a brand end-to-end.
As the Brand Director you will have the unique opportunity to build a brand. You will develop a consumer proposition from concept to commercialization, create the brand plan, and manage execution.
- Owns the Business Case Development
- Owns Brand Vision and Architecture. Leads the development of all brand creative (brief development, management, reviews, feedback) across all consumer, trade, and shopper touchpoints.
- Authors Brand Strategy and translation to IMC. Oversees all the brand’s execution from planning, execution, to tracking (with execution carried out by Marketing Activation / Community roles)
- Responsible for overall brand and delivering performance (across qual and quant metrics)
- Ensures that all brand expressions deliver the brand’s positioning.
- Leads the brand’s content and channel/connections planning to ensure objectives are being met effectively; leads partner/agency selection where relevant
- Provides brand leadership to all cross functional team members / driving business against KPIs / tracks business performance to proactively develop tactical plans to address any performance gaps.
- Works closely with Ops Manager to ensure Make & Move steps are executed flawlessly
- Develops Channel Strategy, sell story and participates in key customer meetings (with Sales Lead)
- Collaborates with sales on trade marketing initiatives to ensure 360 calendar that maximizes impact by coordinating in and out of store events, distribution support, and velocity growth.
- Works with and manages co-marketing relationships.
- Designs market research (a/b testing, focus groups, social media research, etc.) that allow continued learning and optimization across targeting, product, messaging, etc.
- Works with overall Portfolio Lead to build annual and forward-looking business plans.
- Inspires and cultivates a sense of camaraderie among the team.
- Maintains a holistic view of the brand by intaking multiple data points (hard/soft) to report findings and recommend actions.
- Lives the brand!
- Brand and marketing experience within natural & organic, specialty & craft, health & performance, or experiential brands
- Strong consumer intuition cultivated through experience of building a brand
- Previous experience managing partners (agencies, vendors, freelancers, etc.)
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves or stretch to take on anything the brand needs to succeed
- Marketing execution experience (field, shopper, partnership, etc.)
- Experience leading and inspiring diverse teams
- Product Innovation/Commercialization experience in CPG
- Comfort with ambiguity as demonstrated by being able to adapt in less-structured environments
- Start-up/ high growth Food & Beverages experience preferred
- Passion for Food & Beverage and consumer
- Strong ability to influence
- Excellent organization, presentation, and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint required
- Demonstrated ability to use analytics to inform strategy and prioritization
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement