The Director of Portfolio Insights will serve as the Quaker Insights team leader and a critical member of the Quaker Marketing Leadership Team. They will be responsible for leading the insights function and looking across categories to identify strategic growth opportunities and promote objective decision making for the business. They will need to help future proof Quaker Foods North America by partnering with the business teams and serving as a vocal, active strategic partner, and change-agent for the business.
This individual will focus on driving growth for all Quaker North America equities (Quaker Masterbrand and other brands that compete in the Hot Cereal, Cold Cereal, Side Dish, Nutrition Bar and Snack categories) by pushing for stronger, objective-based decision making and delivering rigorous, predictive foundational insights that inform & influence business decisions. The role will be responsible for partnering with marketing on critical activities such as brand equity development, marketing campaign alignment with brand positioning, and marketing mix effectiveness that drives consumption. They will also need to anticipate the market by identifying market trends and long-range impacts, leveraging a wealth of available and highly useful tools to drive understanding of market needs, consumer targets, and the roles our brands and products play in consumers’ lives. They will also be expected to recommend strategic focus areas within demand spaces to drive the innovation agenda.
The successful candidate will be a strategic leader and “decision change agent,” adept at delivering clear, actionable & predictive insights and advocating successfully for their implementation.
- Responsible for delivering an ongoing program of rigorous & predictive foundational insights that materially impact critical business decisions regarding the growth of the portfolio
- Partner closely with marketing and finance to ensure the integration of learnings into ongoing strategic & financial planning
- Deliver strategic insights to inform and shape our brand purpose agenda and brand equity foundations for North American businesses (Quaker master brand, Cap’n Crunch, Life Cereal, Chewy Bars, and more). Ensure long-term legitimacy and campaign effectiveness
- Deliver foundational insights and frameworks to define and size innovation strategies and focus platforms for key categories-- Inclusive of innovation types (renovation, line extension, new platforms and breakthrough innovations) and business development opportunities to help drive growth and attain equity position over the long term
- Define, deliver and drive organizational adoption of marketplace trends, with implications for key consumption occasions, and recommended strategies for key equities
- Leverage analytics and identify business priorities and initiatives that will accelerate profitable growth and market share gains in our categories
- Team leadership and coaching of direct reports, including Insights Leads aligned to each category and relationship management across a network of external suppliers (including IRI)
- Build strong, two-way relationships with insight leads within the region (Demand Accelerator analytics team, Media Hub analytics team, Quaker Canada, Frito Lay North America, Pepsi Beverages North America) and within the Global Center of Excellence, ensuring a truly collaborative approach to foundational insights, analytics & tracking
- Drive efficiencies across the Insights function by aligning priorities, identifying and using best practices, and developing clear communication across Insights team
- Maintain a strong consumer packaged goods knowledge-base and industry network, especially within our portfolio’s primary occasions, and thus deliver a broad view of the sector to ensure PepsiCo has a clear competitive advantage in insights
- Consulting experience or demonstrated experience of utilizing data to push leadership to make decisions through a consumer lens
- 8+ years of experience in market research/insights/analytics, competitive intelligence or other similar function with demonstrated ability to manage function in a complex environment with multiple constituencies
- BA/BS required (Masters strongly preferred)
- Deep, broad and current consumer packaged goods experience to be able to both identify and initiate appropriate actions and decisions
- A motivated, decisive leader with excellent managerial skills.
- Strong understanding of current consumer packaged goods trends, especially nutrition trends and consumer demand engagements
- Ability to influence and work through others to effectively navigate matrixed organization while ensuring that necessary stakeholders are informed
- Strategic mindset and proven ability to drive insights through to strategies, shaping, defining and influencing define business strategies
- Strong communication skills to educate and influence management and senior leaders to act in a desired manner through written and verbal communication
- Depth of experience across custom and analytic approaches and proven ability to lead a team of varying experience levels and capability
- High level of analytical and negotiating skills as evidenced by high intelligence, strong financial and analytical capabilities and the proven ability to develop, sell and drive suitable partnerships, alliances, or other transactions to closure
- Demonstrates a sense of calmness under periods of uncertainty or change while dealing with stress in a manner that sets the necessary tone for the team and function
- High character and integrity, is consistent and acts in line with a clear and visible set of values and beliefs
- A visionary who ‘thinks forward’ with sensitivity and awareness of social and cultural differences within the region and broader global markets
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement