We are PepsiCo Sales. We are game changers, mountain movers and history makers. We are a diverse group, spread among 200 countries and united by a shared set of values and goals. That’s why we Perform with purpose.
Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and never settle for second best. At PepsiCo, we’re committed to performing well as individuals and in teams, to strengthen the Company as a whole.
Are you hungry to be a part of the World’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands? Then now is the time to explore the Possibilities of PepsiCo.
This role will support the Assoc Manager, Perfect Store - North Division and is responsible for analytics to shape the teams’ execution strategy, routine reporting needs and provide tracking and data analysis.
- Drive weekly channel and customer level scorecards, data analytics and reporting for North Division
- Collaborate with North Division/Sector Sales Planning, Marketing and Field Sales to develop merchandising tools to support retail/foodservice objectives
- Work directly with customer teams to track new item launch/execution readiness plans in partnership with innovation manager
- Development of innovation and sell story materials, including evaluating division specific aspects of macro-trends and key business performance drivers
- Manage merchandising solutions and equipment development for key brands
- Support process development and tracking of North Division incentives
- Work closely with cross-functional teams including Marketing, Revenue Management, Sales
- Support larger Commercial Planning team with ad hoc reporting & data analysis requests in the forms of data pools, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- 3-4 years of experience, with minimum of 2 years of CPG experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Advanced experience and literacy in syndicated data sources including Excel, Power Point, Word, ERT, IRI, Business Objects (SAP)
- Excellent analytical skills – demonstrated ability to translate information and data into actionable insights and strategic recommendations
- Excellent written/verbal communication and organizational skills
- Solid organizational and project management skills – ability to manage multiple projects at once, able to establish priorities, strong detailed execution
- Independent & motivated individual; ability to receive direction and convert into an action plan with coaching and feedback
- Develops strong relationships/partnership for overall success of the team & customer
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement