We are PepsiCo, one of the most iconic and recognized consumer brands around the globe! With net revenues of over $65 billion and almost 300,000 employees worldwide, PepsiCo’s approach at work is full strength – never settling for second best.
PepsiCo is known for raising the bar with each new endeavor. We are not just committed to winning as individuals, but winning as a team. We Perform With Purpose. PepsiCo is equally committed to helping people lead healthier lives AND providing a safe and inclusive work environment for our employees to grow personally and professionally.
Come take a seat at the table to help contribute to the innovation and unparalleled success of PepsiCo! We're excited to see what we can accomplish when your skills, ideas and perspectives meet our dynamic team.
As a LD&T Supply Chain Leader (SCL) you will be part of an 11 person logistics management team responsible for leading our 140+ Perry OTR drivers and 13 administrative personnel in providing world class service to our customers. While an initial assignment may be in Logistics, your performance and interest could allow you subsequent assignments in Manufacturing, Distribution, and Sales Operations organizations.
Key activities in the logistics center include providing a safety focused culture for all team members and customers, assigning work to drivers both at board closing and throughout the day, partnering with the warehouse to ensure loads are on time, providing load quality feedback to both the GES and Core warehouse management teams, ensuring the next shift is set up to achieve green KPMs, answering the manager on call phone, and resolving issues quickly for drivers and customers.
The LD&T SCL will also be responsible for networking tractor trailer loads with Frito-Lay and other common carrier traffic centers, performing trade off analysis of common carrier/internal fleet mode usage, managing support staff responsible for driver dispatch and their computerized tracking of driver logs, backhaul revenue generation, motivating team members to achieve financial plan goals, developing the team to solve own day-to-day operational issues, trailer yard team management, administering policies and practices, and conducting presentations and formal training programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, business, management, logistics, or related field is strongly preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing, logistics, warehousing, or shipping preferred
- Knowledge of DOT regulations
- Knowledge of logistics tractor routing
- Excellent communication, facilitation and influence skills
- Strong analytical skills and intellectual curiosity
- Ability to lead, influence and manage stakeholders and project teams from multiple divisions, functions and vendors.
- Ability to lead and manage process change and organizational change
- Ability to effectively engage and articulate Supply Chain concepts at the tactical levels
- Ability to create a safe working environment, ensuring that all members are knowledgeable of good safety practices and procedures
- Demonstrated people and leadership skills with a record of achieving positive business results
- Ability to give/receive constructive feedback
- Ability to participate in tractor ride alongs with frontline team to coach and develop driver core
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement