Work for a global company with some of the world’s most trusted and iconic brands.
Be part of an exciting business where employees are recognised and career growth is nurtured.
PepsiCo Australia & New Zealand is home to some of the world’s most trusted brands such as Smith's Chips, Red Rock Deli, Doritos, Sakata, Pepsi Max and Gatorade! We are a progressive and people-focused business, and believe our diverse workforce is the key to our success. Because we value our employees and their families, we offer an agile and flexible working environment with an emphasis on work life balance and health, as well as plenty of learning opportunities and room to grow your career.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Legal Team as a Legal Counsel. This role assists the Senior Legal Counsel, General Counsel, and Senior Legal Director ANZ in various legal matters across the ANZ Business Unit, and will see you involved in legal matters relating to PepsiCo’s snacks and beverages businesses. This will include day-to-day legal support for certain advertising and marketing, sales, and procurement matters. This role will require someone who is highly proactive and has excellent project management, time management, and organisational skills.
In this role you will be:
- Providing strategic advice on various matters related to sales, advertising, marketing, food law and intellectual property
- Reviewing and revising marketing and advertising materials to ensure compliance with applicable laws and corporate policies
- Drafting and negotiating contracts and agreements for Procurement, Sales, and Marketing
- Reviewing all packaging artwork on our online approval portal WebCentre
- Revising promotion and contest materials, including official rules, terms, and related communications
- Monitoring and assessing state and federal regulatory developments and enforcement trends
- Providing Anti-Bribery, competition, consumer law and other training
- Supporting cross-functional business teams with new product development
- Assisting with establishing product claim substantiation
You will have:
- Legal qualifications (plus higher degree preferred), including current Australian practicing certificate
- 3-4 years of corporate/commercial law experience, preferably in-house in a multi-national FMCG company
- Experience in intellectual property and consumer law matters
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and succinctly both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated leadership skills and able to work comfortably with people at all levels of the business
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and as part of a collaborative team
- Strong attention to detail, analytical skills, and resourcefulness
- A competitive remuneration package
- Retail and service discounts through PepsiCo Extras
- Health initiatives through our Health and Wellness programs
- Personal and professional growth opportunities through PepsiCo Learning online
Working at PepsiCo:
At PepsiCo, we believe what makes you unique, makes us better. We embrace equal opportunities for all employees. We believe that our people are our best asset and understand the importance of bringing different perspectives, different lenses and different experiences to our workplace. We are committed to building and supporting an inclusive workforce that truly reflects the global communities we operate within and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
You will be a key part of a dynamic team and a valuable contributor to a global company that is one of the FMCG market leaders.
We are committed to recruiting, training and retaining high quality people
Interested? Know someone who might be? This is a great opportunity to join the PepsiCo ANZ team.
PEPSICO’S job application process:
- Submit your application via our website
- Interview(s) and skills evaluation
- Online Assessment process
- Reference and background checks
Job Type: Temporary