We are PepsiCo!
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, to LIFEWTR, to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Innovation is a critical way we impact the market, as well as communities around the globe. We believe there is value in products, people, and planet. And we strive to make a difference by creating solutions that leave a lasting positive footprint.
Our culture is driven by our employees. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams embracing new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, What Makes You Unique, Makes Us Better!
As an Associate Principal Scientist with PepsiCo on the R&D Life Sciences team, you will have unique opportunities to participate in the development of a diverse portfolio of beverage products. The R&D teams translate strategic market objectives into new products, claims and processes, optimize designs per consumer response and select winning ideas for commercialization. The R&D Life Sciences team of ~100 associates, provides the unique expertise to interpret, communicate and translate the science around physiology, diet and health. This role specifically focuses on the execution and delivery of high-quality clinical research and publications.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Independently manages clinical trial project execution to ensure that trial timelines, costs, and quality metrics are met
- Maintains sponsor’s TMF for document management and trial registration
- Standardizes procedures and creates templates, with customizing as needed
- Responsible for the preparation and finalization of project and study-related documents including: ICFs, protocols, CRFs, other study specific documents & regulatory documents etc., as required
- Identifies and resolves clinical project issues and recommends corrective actions
- Scouts, evaluates capabilities, reviews bids and participates in selecting external vendors
- Manages external vendors (CROs, clinical sites, Central Labs, IRBs)
- Provides study-specific training to CRO, sites and other contract personnel, and in-house GCP training
- Monitors and tracks clinical trial progress, subject recruitment and provides status update reports
- Plans, executes, and leads study-specific meetings
- Develops monitoring plans and conduct monitoring visits as required
- Writes and reviews monitoring reports to ensure quality and resolution of site-related issues
- Partner with other R&D groups to achieve deliverables
- Works with Product Development to coordinate blinding, labeling, storage and shipment of study product and oversees clinical supplies logistics
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws, ICH/GCP/local regulations and regulatory guidelines
- Reviews of clinical data at the CRF, data listing, and report table levels, as well as clinical study report
- Travel as required to carry out responsibilities
- Other duties as may be assigned
- BS/MS degree in scientific discipline with at least 5 years of clinical research experience
- Knowledge of GCP, ICH guidelines and regulatory requirements for clinical trial management; Strong clinical study management skills
- Excellent communication skills to effectively disseminate information to project team and outside parties
- Experience developing trial plans including developing plan for site monitoring, site selection, and clinical supplies management
- Extensive clinical research knowledge and cross-functional understanding of clinical trial methodology
- Excellent organizational, conflict resolution, prioritization and negotiation skills
- Team oriented and ability to effectively collaborate with study team, cross-functional team members, and external partners
- Ability to handle a high volume of highly complex tasks within a given timeline
- Proficient computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Office Suite that include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Willing to travel approximately 30% of the time
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement