Seasonal General Soft Drink Worker
This role is perfect for anyone who has seen an episode of “How It’s Made”, and now carries a genuine interest in manufacturing and production. As a General Soft Drink worker, you’ll receive a behind the scenes understanding of how we create smiles by operating high speed manufacturing equipment. Some of these machines include: can and bottle fillers, labelers, and more! This is a great opportunity for you to develop your technical skills and learn from our experienced team.
PepsiCo Canada is recognized as one of Canada’s top 100 employers. PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. Our product portfolio includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands; from Gatorade to Quaker, Tropicana to Lay’s and more. We make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
At PepsiCo Canada, we are always centered on the consumer, developing exciting brand campaigns and continuously driving product innovations. Our people are our greatest asset! By supporting their ability to work effectively together and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that PepsiCo Canada is the company you want to work for!
What you’ll be working on:
- Efficiently operate the can and bottle line packers G.P.I., Kisters, Hi-Cone, Hartness
- Efficiently operate bottle line labeler machines
- Operation can/bottle line palletizers and wrapper
- Mix components in syrup room to batch syrup to run on the lines
- Conduct micro testing and do quality check
- Completing quality check sheets
- Safe operations of the lifting devices for cardboard and plastic rolls
- Keep work area orderly and clean
- Other tasks as directed by the supervisor
Who’s a good fit for the team:
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 50lbs frequently
- Must be able to perform constant standing and walking
- Must be able to push/pull up to 35lbs frequently
- Strong communication, writing and mathematical skills required.
- Qualified to perform Quality Checks on primary and secondary packaging – an asset
- Knowledge of the operation of the wrapper and conveying systems – an asset
- Knowledge of Can/Bottle Line Packers and conveying systems – an asset
- Able to troubleshoot packer/labeling operations – an asset
- Proficient Palletizer operations and troubleshooting – an asset
- High School diploma or equivalent
Successful applicants will be required to pass a background check which includes a criminal record check, a reference check, a general employment verification, and confirmation of high school (or equivalent credential) completion.
What you can expect from us:
- A flexible working environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance
- A dynamic and inclusive culture that promotes you to bring your whole-self to work
- A supportive team that will encourage your professional growth and development
- An opportunity to be meaningful and impactful within your work and projects
- Miiway 70 from Islington Station
- Miiway 19 from Port Credit Go station