The Shift Production Manager provides direct leadership to production and maintenance personnel for our 3rd shift operation, in a fast-paced environment, creating better-for-you snacks. Responsible for safety, food safety, and quality, manufacturing performance. Engages the entire team in performance improvement focusing on process controls, attention to detail and sustainable results.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead through example (hands-on), setting the expectations needed to drive ownership and accountability in Safety, Food Safety and Quality, and manufacturing.
- Primary owner for leading cultural development (ownership) in production; support the development of programs to sustain and enhance safe and FS work behaviors on the floor
- Ensure performance improvement through hands-on development, guidance, and coaching; utilize key metrics (e.g., Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE); partner with support team (Continuous Skills Development) to establish standardized processes.
- Establish priorities and align resources to deliver against business initiatives.
- Engage production team around improvements in line balancing and standard work.
- Ensure schedule attainment and adherence in order to meet case fill/customer requirements.
- Analyze performance and lead team on effective troubleshooting/root-cause analysis
- Development of employees through training, coaching and regular performance evaluations and feedback; to include leadership and supervisory growth and development.
- Report results and trends on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to the plant leadership team through the Review and Response process.
- Own and lead regulatory compliance (e.g., LO-TO, GMPs, HACCP, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree Required; Master’s Degree Preferred
- Strong computer skills including knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office.
- Previous ERP experience preferred; especially CMMS.
- Ability to organize priorities and resources; multitasking, analytical thinking, and problem solving.
- Proven track record of team building and building succession plans.
- Bilingual desired.
Job Type: Pipeline
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement