PepsiCo’s ambition is to make evidence-based decision making a key part of everyday business. To this end, we are looking for the right data scientist to develop new capabilities and help build a data science team. This individual would be skilled at turning data into actionable recommendations that have an impact on the bottom line. Primary responsibilities include developing cutting edge modelling and optimisation algorithms to identify profit opportunities from sales and in-store metrics. Secondary responsibilities include establishing data science as a capability within the insight team and support the development of the data science, advanced analytics and AI agenda at PepsiCo Inc.
To be successful, this individual needs to be able to demonstrate initiative and commercial awareness as well as strong fundamental coding skills in Python, SQL, as well as strong knowledge of non-linear time series regression and optimisation methods. Experience in sales modelling would be hugely advantageous.
From this role, there may be future opportunities to apply your skills to other areas of the business such as supply chain, marketing, finance and HR, or focus on providing leadership and direction to turn PepsiCo’s data science team into an industry leading function.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Lead Advanced Analytics projects that deliver business solutions through data science with a focus on go-to-market and execution in traditional trade and away-from-home – working with different senior stakeholders and team leaders to leverage your expertise.
- Consult with senior stakeholders to define business problems, and advise on how to apply data to solve those problems, e.g. sales opportunity prediction, assortment optimization, asset allocation etc.
- Elevate the role of Advanced Analytics across the business while developing our internal capability.
- Develop and continuously update a pipeline to enhance our existing tools to build a greater simulation, forecasting and prediction capability.
- Define the technology infrastructure that will take our data science, advanced analytics and AI capability to the next level.
- Educate leadership on the opportunities associated with applying advanced analytics, data science and AI to the business, in particular in the areas of Perfect Store and go-to-market transformation.
- Insatiable desire to derive actionable recommendations from data
- Experience in data manipulation and modelling in Python and SQL
- Experience in non-linear time series regression modelling and optimisation methods
- Ability to test for statistical validity and bias
Desirable but not essential experience:
- Experience in leading data science projects and data science teams.
- Understanding of the tech available to enable data science teams.
- Knowledge/experience of the consumer goods / F&B industry.
- Previous experience in using Nielsen/IRI data.
- Experience of big data technologies such as PySpark.
- Understanding opf continuous development and delivery in an agile framework.
- Supervised and Unsupervised learning algorithms such as logistic regression, Xgboost, Random Forests, Neural Nets, K-means clustering.
Job Type: Pipeline
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including; colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.